Coming in May.

https://www.radiancefilms.co.uk/prod...a-graveyard-le

Click image for larger version

Name:	FocXcFEWcAIevmP.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	409174

Yakuza Graveyard

When he falls for the beautiful wife of the jailed boss of the Nishida gang, things start to spiral out of control for detective Kuroiwa (Tetsuya Watari, Graveyard of Honour). In a world where the line between police and organised crime is vague, he finds himself on the wrong side of a yakuza war when his superiors favour Nishida’s rivals, the Yamashiro gang. Co-starring the iconic Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood) and featuring Nagisa Oshima as chief of police, Yakuza Graveyard sees director Kinji Fukasaku (Battles without Honour and Humanity) at the peak of his powers.

Blu-ray Limited Edition Special Features:

High-Definition digital transfer
    Original uncompressed mono PCM audio
    Appreciation by filmmaker Kazuya Shiraishi (2022)
    The Rage and the Passion - A visual essay by critic Tom Mes on Meiko Kaji and Kinji Fukasaku’s collaborations (2022)
    Gallery of promotional imagery
    Easter Egg
    Trailer
    Newly translated English subtitles
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Time Tomorrow
    Limited edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mika Ko on the representations of Koreans in the yakuza film, and newly translated re-prints of a contemporary review and writing by screenwriter Kazuo Kasahara
    Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
    Also available in USA/Canada from our partners MVD, Diabolik and Grindhouse - links coming soon!

Year: 1976
    Cert: 15
    Format: Blu-ray
    Region: AB
    RAD002BDLE
    EAN: 5060974680023
    Release date: 15/05/23

You may also like
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

What a great movie! Now we’ll have a flash of Kaji’s bush in HD.

Comment

Great news. This one will break up a very long line of Arrow spines on the shelf where I keep my yakuza movies.

Very long time since I watched it, but I recall it being macho and violent as fuck, even by Fukasaku/jitsuroku standards.

I don't remember any Kaji bush, but.... prurient anticipation of such will surely see me through the next few months.

(I also never previously realised that Oshima appears in 'Yakuza Graveyard'... that's a bit of a surprise, because I always thought he was deeply opposed to the perceived glorification of violent/chauvinistic behaviour in Japanese genre films, of which this would surely be a prime example, but who knows... would be nice to think he appreciated the value of Fukasaku's cinema, anyway.)
      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Surely no Kaji bush in this one? I think mjeon is thinking about some other movie (possibly Cops vs. Thugs w Reiko Ike).

Comment

Yes, Takuma is correct! I always mix up those two films. Both are excellent films.

Comment

Not sure how much longer this price with last, but Amazon has this on sale for $17.99

Comment

Working...
            X