• Female Yakuza Tale

Rad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fm.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	401924
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fuck yeah, treasure this and all my Panik House DVDs. Was worried we'd never see it on BD.

Comment

It'll be nice to get an upgrade of this one if it looks ok, but.... where is 'Sex & Fury' fergod'ssake?! [Cries and bangs the table like an impatient child.]
      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

The great news is that they are also doing colour correction. For some reason many companies, including Toei themselves, no longer do that. Here in Japan I get to see a lot of these films from beautiful 35mm prints, and they are NOT green like many of the lame digital masters that really pale in comparison.
        - https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...30663465041921
        Takuma
        Last edited by Takuma; 10-09-2022, 09:36 AM.

Comment

In general, does Diskotek have their shit together these days? It's been years since I've bought anything from them, but I remember one or two DVDs where the AV was garbage.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Me three, also second wanting SEX AND FURY.

Comment

nice! somehow I always thought arrow would pick this up (and sex and fury). isn't discotek a branch of media blasters?
                anyhow I picked up their uzumaki blu-ray and it looked really okay to my eye (no heavy DNR), the movie is a little green but that's the way it looked on my old dvd (don't know if this is the intended look).

nice upgrade imho.
                killer must kill again
                Last edited by killer must kill again; 10-10-2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Discotek is their own entity, not affiliated with Media Blasters (that was Tokyo Shock).
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

yeah, you're right. tokyo shock is/was media blasters.

Comment

Based on their anime releases, Discotek absolutely has their shit together. They’re focused on providing a filmic look in their transfers, providing as many extras as possible (including going way above and beyond to dig up things like obscure dub tracks to provide when available), and they consistently do amazing work with vintage anime releases. I haven’t seen any of their live-action releases just yet - I’m waiting for my copy of Shogun’s Samurai to ship with some preorders - but I have absolute confidence that they’ll do a terrific job with their Nihon Nights titles as well. I’m stoked for Female Yakuza Tale and am hoping they’ll also manage to license Sex & Fury!

Comment

Working...
                      X