Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Yum Goong 2

Twitch just posted this interesting news (with more at the link):

"Due to production delays the Thai release of the film has now been pushed back from its planned December release to May of 2013. Principal photography on the film began in August of 2011 and is still ongoing with Twitch learning that at least one international fighter has been asked to shoot scenes in Thailand in the coming weeks - we're waiting for word that contracts have actually been signed before saying who, but it's good - meaning that photography has now stretched out for well over a year but the end is reportedly in sight. Time will tell if that May release date sticks.

And, finally, Sahamongkol have confirmed that the RZA has joined the cast in what they call a 'featured' part. RZA tweeted from the set some time back and Thai media have reported his involvement - his Man With The Iron Fists stunt double Marrese Crump has been part of the cast from day one - but this is the first I've seen that confirmed from within the production company."

Interesting to me that RZA is actually going to be appearing in a Thai film now. I guess all the buzz around MWTIF is traveling overseas? Can he actually act? I know he drops deaf rhymes like there's no tomorrow and likes to be hit with the major. I know he makes rad film scores but I don't think I've actually seen him in front of the camera. Method Man isn't a bad actor, maybe RZA's good too?

I wish ODB weren't dead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TYG2_resize_-thumb-300xauto-33882.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	362914
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hope Tony has worked on his screen charisma and acting in the long break between movies.....

Seems like they are going all out to make this a HUGE action spectacle as it is Tony's last movie under his present contract.....and with new stuff like THE RAID filling the whole that Thai action movies have left recently...they NEED this to be a hit...

Comment

Good point. Tony's future box office draw in Thailand probably hinges on this.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not sure if it's too late or not for him....Thai audiences probably bored of him by now...and not sure how forgiving they are...They need to make this movie bigger than Jaa alone......and that will be great for the audience if they do....

Comment

And by adding RZA, they did just that? Maybe. I dunno how popular he is in Thailand.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            And by adding RZA, they did just that? Maybe. I dunno how popular he is in Thailand.
            Trying to up the INTERNATIONAL appeal of this one by adding him I think..easier to get distribution / decent promotion overseas with a name like his in it (esp as he has his own movie out soon!) rather than just focusing on Thailand....

Comment

Yeah, good point. I think it's got more to do with cashing in on the hype around RZA's movie than anything else. In a way it's free advertising.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wonder how good the 3-D will be in this one.....Hope they show it in 2-D too....

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not too sure about the CGI in there......But it does look like Tony is going the JACKIE CHAN route of doing imaginative stunts AS WELL as the fighting....

Hopefully this turns out good.....Tony looks a lot more relaxed and healthy in those clips too!

Comment

Yeah, the CGI could be a deal breaker but I'm not going to let that stop me from seeing this. The fights are going to be solid.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah...teh CGI could be a distraction.....but I am hoping that the movie is just wall-to-wall action and stunts....Just REALLY going for it....If they do, it will be a classic....

Hey...just realised, no elephants in that trailer.....What happened???

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                          Hey...just realised, no elephants in that trailer.....What happened???
                          They saved them for the poster!

Name:	TYG2Poster-thumb-300xauto-40755.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	343839
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New trailer!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment