Clear All

• Discotek Media Releasing Uzumaki

Click image for larger version

Name:	275947451_1631031297240083_5509265458357168707_n.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	389039
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I’m not excited about Uzumaki per se (that early CG look is pretty rough these days), but I am stoked for Discotek’s Nihon Nights sub-label. They always do an incredible job with their releases so whatever they do put out should be the best possible quality available.

Comment

One of the very few (out of literally DOZENS of attempts) halfway decent adaptations of a Junji Ito manga. Kind of hamstrung by a lack of budget at the fact it was made when only a third of the source material was available to adapt. It has a distinct visual style and lots of creativity going for it. Shame the Ukranian (!) director disappeared after 2003.

Originally posted by FnordChan View Post
      I am stoked for Discotek’s Nihon Nights sub-label. They always do an incredible job with their releases so whatever they do put out should be the best possible quality available.
      Their recent HD remasters of 80ies anime titles have been absolutely amazing and are proof they are willing to go above and beyond for their releases. No idea why they had to use a new name for their live action releases when they already did that on DVD with their Eastern Star sub-label but that's of no real consequence.

Comment

Street date for this release has been set for 6/28.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
        X