US/UK release coming soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	274584591_1617364415273438_5158590856971076243_n.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	388076
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bonus material/specs announced.

-Slipcase featuring artwork by Kung Fu Bob!
    -High Definition (1080p) Presentation in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
    -2.0 DTS-HD MA English Soundtrack
    -2.0 DTS-HD MA Mandarin Soundtrack with newly translated English Subtitles
    -Audio commentary with Asian cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
    -Hong Kong Trailer
    -English Trailer

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ugh, 88's disc runs 5.5 minutes short due to frame cuts

Comment

Hmm, I get that frames cuts can be difficult to notice, but you'd think they'd have checked the running time as a preliminary task.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
          Hmm, I get that frames cuts can be difficult to notice, but you'd think they'd have checked the running time as a preliminary task.
          I have read that small cult labels in the UK often don't have a final word on cuts required by the BBFC before the required lead time for pre-order solicitations, so they don't even know how long their final product will end up being until after orders are in. It's a shitty position for them to be in, and must really suck to work in a market where the government is so insane that it makes customers feel ripped off by even the best of efforts.

Also, how many HK movies are there with that title? It's like a great movie I saw on VCD titled simply Triad. Good luck finding ANYTHING about that one!

Comment

Disappointing, but hardly unexpected. For those readers who might not be aware, almost every Shaw film ever released on DVD was frame cut since that's how the entire catalogue restoration was done by Celestial (about 20 years ago). Many of us younger fans have probably never seen a Shaw film without frame cuts.

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            They probably did, but there's not much they can do about it. Except turn down the materials provided by Celestial and do an entirely new scan and restoration from the negatives or a 35mm print like Arrow did on selected titles. But I doubt 88 can afford that.

Comment

They released this in the US, they should have been able to afford to do a new scan.

Comment

Working...
              X