Sha Po Lang 2 - WOW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sha Po Lang 2 - WOW.

Full credit goes to Twitch for running with this story - awesome news indeed!

"A Hong Kong based project has long been rumored for Thai action star Tony Jaa. Now news has just come from Hong Kong that a sequel to the 2005 hit Sha Po Lang (SPL) is in the works and will see Sammo Hung and Wu Jing from the original movie collaborating with Tony Jaa for the very first time.

Sha Po Lang was a surprise hit at the Hong Kong box office upon its release in 2005 and quickly gained a cult following in the rest of the world. The movie was also the first in a string of successful collaborations between director Wilson Yip and star Donnie Yen, which included films like Flash Point, Ip Man 1 & 2.

Donnie Yen, the leading man in the original film, is reportedly considering taking part in the sequel.

Sha Po Lang 2 is due to start filming in 2013."

The story originated at Oriental Daily here.

Ummm.... HELL YEAH. I loved the first movie. Bring it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	362858

Click image for larger version

Name:	q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	362859
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice to see Tony Jaa seemingly getting his shit together at last after his...erm..."problems"......

Any news on his ONG BAK sequel being finished??....Last I heard production stopped so he could get married!!!

SORRY SHOULD BE TOM YOONG GUM SEQUEL!!!
    sukebanboy
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I'm not up on my Tony Jaa gossip - what happened?
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wait is this what you mean? The monkhood thing?
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sorry Ian....my mistake.....

It is TOM YOONG GUM 2 that was halted so he could get married.....

Thailand's The Nation newspaper has announced - and published a copy of the invite to back it up - that Tony Jaa is getting married to his girlfriend of three years. Which is great. Good for him. Except he's doing it on May 3rd. In the middle of production of Tom Yum Goong 2. Further, they report - as though this is a good thing, weirdly - that the film is only 40% of the way through production at present. Yes, you read that correctly: More than eight months since photography began less than half of Tom Yum Goong 2 is in the can, meaning the film is now radically behind schedule and, therefore, over budget. Even if they race through the remaining production there is virtually no chance that the film will be through post production on time to release in 2012. Mid 2013 is now looking far more likely and, should they maintain the current snail's pace on production that would extend the shooting out for another full year.
          full story here....
          http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/04/w...um-goong-2.php

She is a LOT younger than him...and a hotel heiress...nice if you can pull that kind of girl!!!LOL!!

sukebanboy
          Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X