X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to buy from Japan ?

I want to buy Cimitero Senza Croci from amazon.japan

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...daficionado-22

but the language barrier makes it impossible.
    I have no idea what I'm reading there or what I'm clicking on.

Does anyone know how to navigate in Japanese?

Richard
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Richard, yeah I can help you...I can read enough Japanese to get by, at least where Amazon is concerned. Where's the problem coming in?

Comment

If you go to the front page there is an "In English" button in the top right corner.

Comment

You can buy it from YesAsia in HK. They carry a lot of Japanese DVDs. 35 dollars + postage:

YesAsia North America:
        http://www.yesasia.com/us/cimitero-s...0-en/info.html

YesAsia Everywhere else:
        http://www.yesasia.com/global/cimite...0-en/info.html
        2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Wow, thanks everybody.
          I clicked on the English translation button on the upper right and it went to a new page but didn't translate. It's still in Japanese.
          I may have to pay the higher price at YesAsia if I don't figure this out.

Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
          Richard, yeah I can help you...I can read enough Japanese to get by, at least where Amazon is concerned. Where's the problem coming in?
          I want to click on Buy It Now. The one click option. But I can't figure out which is which. I'm grandfathered in because I'm logged in at other amazons. Maybe I can just paypal somebody to buy it and send it to me.

Buy the way, if you haven't seen this film, give it a try. It's about death, naturally. Life is the cemetery without crosses. Or something like that. The spaghetti western as legitimate drama. Actually, it's a French western shot in Spain by actor-direct Robert Hossein. There's not much dialogue. The story is told visually and dialogue is the punctuation. Yet it holds true to the spaghetti western formula. No annoying slapstick or acrobatics.

There ought to be dozens of reviews and lots of people talking about this film. It's one of the best spaghetti westerns I've seen, right up there with Once Upon a Time in the West. Different, but it has the same poetry.

Richard

Comment

I don't know if it's any help with Amazon Japan but you can translate full pages with Google. I've used it successfully to order DVDs from Eastern Europe.

Check this:
            http://translate.google.dk/translate...daficionado-22

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
              I want to click on Buy It Now. The one click option. But I can't figure out which is which. I'm grandfathered in because I'm logged in at other amazons. Maybe I can just paypal somebody to buy it and send it to me.
              Have you verified that? It's my experience that amazon.co.jp uses a different account system from the rest of the amazons. I have one account that I use at the US, UK, FR, DE, CA, and IT stores, but it doesn't work for JP. So you may end up needing to create an account from scratch.

Also, you mentioned the higher price at YesAsia...but from what I'm seeing it's a fair amount cheaper there. The cheapest used copy from Amazon.JP is 3239 Yen, which comes to $40.65 at current exchange rates, whereas YesAsia has it for $34. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Comment

I've always had a good experience shopping with YesAsia and they tend to have decent prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
                  whereas YesAsia has it for $34.
                  And get something else so the price comes to at least $39 and the postage is free worldwide.

Comment

CD Japan also has an English friendly option and will ship world wide. I've used them a few times with no problems.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You guys are a helpful bunch.
                      amazon.ja doesn't want to descramble. Maybe I should reboot.
                      I'll go over to CDJapan and YesAsia and look around.

Richard

Comment

I went ahead with YesAsia.

Thanks everyone for your input, you're a helpful crowd.

Comment

Working...
                        X