Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echo Bridge To Release Godzilla Vs. Biollante?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo Bridge To Release Godzilla Vs. Biollante?

Someone claiming to be a representative for Echo Bridge claims that they're working with Miramax and Toho to bring this one to Blu-ray.

There's a lengthy thread about it here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yoink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	576214_380582795341524_1583018561_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	339078
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From the thread linked above: "it looks like the sales team may have it locked in for a late November or early December 2012 release."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some comments re: the extras that started off on the Toho Kingdom board and got filtered into this thread at Blu-ray.com:

This release will have both the Japanese audio with English subtitles, as well as the existing English dub.

For the mastering, they relied heavily on the existing Toho HD masters, which, i hear, is highly thought of.

Ed G's is doing a new commentary. I have no idea who Ed G is, though.

"Toho is sending us two bonus feature masters, one is about 45 minutes and the other is less than 10. I don't think they mentioned deleted scenes, but I can ask."

***EDIT***

I think Ed G is probably Ed Godziszewski.

From SciFi Japan:

Ed Godziszewski has been writing about Japanese FX productions for more than 30 years. Since 1977, he has been the editor and publisher of Japanese Giants, considered— along with Greg Shoemaker's Japanese Fantasy Film Journal— among the best English language fanzines devoted to Japanese fantasy cinema.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazon now has listings for both the DVD (for $6.99!) and the Blu-ray ($10.49) with a release date of 12/4/12.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Menu Screens:

Comment

First review, with a nice selection of screen caps, that I've seen pop up for this one is live here.

If it's not perfect it still sounds like a pretty impressive release over all.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X