Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47lab
    replied
    Don't know how faithful this flick remains to the novel but I'm glad that jackie isn't being portrayed as some sort of invincible killing machine but rather is more realistically portrayed as an older man who may have slipped some in the reflex, strength, etc department in the intervening years but is still able to rely on guile and grit along with his Special Forces background to compensate against much younger foes. well, that's the feeling I get from the latest fight scene trailer anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Chinese poster art for the upcoming release of The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DHgD4EkXYAEPH2K.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	352928

Leave a comment:

• 47lab
    replied
    This looks surprisingly good. Never read the novel it's based on & I don't know shit about this director (looked him up and don't think I've seen a single film this guy has directed) but I'm down. Jackie has had his fair share of duds recently *cough*KUNG FU YOGA*cough* so here's to him getting back on track with this one. Also, looking forward to BLEEDING STEEL too.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Trailer for The Foreigner with Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I just wanted to post this rad Thai poster image for Dragon's Forever.

Name:	DC0DCbnVwAEun20.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	352553

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    For some people any censorship is a deal breaker. But you are correct MoC (if they do SITES) will do a much better job than TT.

Leave a comment:

• 47lab
    replied
    Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
    Any UK release of SITES is going to be censored due to their animal cruelty laws.
    Yes, I'm aware of that but it's not a deal breaker for me. I have more trust in MoC that they will do a proper release even with the mandated BBFC cut for animal cruelty as opposed to TT in that regard. :(

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Any UK release of SITES is going to be censored due to their animal cruelty laws.

Leave a comment:

• 47lab
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Insert booklet art for the Twilight Time release.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18094[/ATTACH]
    I'm tempted to wait to see if MoC will eventually release SITES. Even though the MoC release turned off some fans of DM due to not including the original English dub, it's still preferable to this TT release since TT is filling in the missing Canto/mandarin audio with the English dub?! Plus it's just a bare bones release too.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Insert booklet art for the Twilight Time release.

Name:	18814287_1589820997703227_8090244333397203839_n.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	352498

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Press release for the upcoming DVD release of Kung Fu Yoga.

KUNG FU YOGA

On Digital 31st July, and on Blu-Ray and DVD 7th August

Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment / Well Go USA

Starring Jackie Chan

Fast Sell:

It's Raiders Of The Lost Ark Jackie Chan-style, with a dash of Bollywood, as the unstoppable film legend hunts for treasure in this flat-out fun, all-action, globe-trotting comedy caper.

Synopsis:

World-renowned archaeology professor Jack and his
    team are on a grand quest to locate a lost ancient
    Indian treasure, when they are ambushed by a team of mercenaries and left for dead. Using his vast knowledge of history and kung fu, Jack leads his team on a race around the world to beat the mercenaries to the treasure, and to save an ancient culture.

We like it because:

Move over Kung Fu Panda, it's time for KUNG FU YOGA! Don't worry, it's not some kind of new-fangled exercise fad, but irrepressible martial arts superstar Jackie Chan's latest, that sees him reuniting with Supercop and Rumble

In The Bronx director Stanley Tong, for this all out action caper, featuring superb fight scenes, motorcycle chases, ice caves, hidden treasures and a Bollywood-style set piece finale. As the Los Angeles Times says, 'good luck trying to stop that goofy smile from spreading across your face'.

KUNG FU YOGA is family friendly fun, a mix of Bollywood exoticism and action comedy antics, showcasing veteran movie legend Chan's incredible martial arts skills and impeccable comic timing. Filmed in China, Dubai, India and Iceland, this is a must for fans of the National Treasure films and Chan's Around the World In 80 Days and Shanghai Knights.

Hot quotes:

“Silly old-school Jackie Chan fun, with a globe-hopping plot supplying exotic scenery” The Hollywood Reporter

“A family-friendly reminder that Master Chan still has a trick or two up his sleeve” Screen Anarchy

“As the leading man, Chan keeps the ball rolling with an assortment of neat acrobatic tricks and martial arts sparring” Variety

Name:	KUNG_FU_YOGA_DVD_SLV_V0d.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	352481

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Takuma View Post
    Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals should provide perfect follow ups.
    I like POLICE STORY 2 as much as the first picture in the series.

I think my first Jackie Chan picture was ARMOUR OF GOD, back in the late 1980s. DRAGONS FOREVER is probably one of my favourite of his 1980s films though.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    This was crazy...

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Takuma View Post
    Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals should provide perfect follow ups.
    I may have actually watched Police Story or one of the sequels. I don't remember it though so maybe I should watch it again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X