Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Fuck yeah!!!!!
    I have waited for years for a proper Jackie Chan film!
    BE WARNED though....While this IS a return to form for Jackie...It DOES also contain the crap humor, disjointed story, multi-language dubbing, stupid facial antics, NON-acting by extras and stupid antics that plagued most HK movies during the 80s/90s....

So if you are a fan you should fee right at home!

While you are watching just keep thinking OPERATION CONDOR rather than POLICE STORY and you will be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
      While you are watching just keep thinking OPERATION CONDOR rather than POLICE STORY and you will be fine!
      Armour of God II: Operation Condor is in fact my favourite Jackie film with Police Story 3/Supercop a close second.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	shaolin-wooden-men-shout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	342719
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jackie Chan: Battle Creek Brawl / City Hunter coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

CITY HUNTER is great!

Comment

I like both of those movies quite a bit, actually. I'm wagering they'll be upscales like the first two releases have been, having used the Fortune Star 'masters' and all - but I'm still looking forward to this one.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

CITY HUNTER definitely benefitted from Wong Jing being director....

Heard they didn't really get on with their ideas for direction to go with the movie.....but Jing's silliness aded just athat bit of difference to make this one stand out a bit from other Chan movies of the time....

STREETFIGHTER scene was cool...although obviously crow-barred into the plot!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cityhunter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	342870
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

battle Creek brawl is the worst Jackie film IMHO, well at least Before the Went all Disney on us.
                    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                      battle Creek brawl is the worst Jackie film IMHO, well at least Before the Went all Disney on us.
                      But it was an interesting film to watch to see Jackie out of his comfort zone and transported into a alternative universe!!!!!!

Comment

• I kinda liked it. It's been years since I've seen it though.

Jackie turns 59 today. Dude is getting up there.

I still wouldn't fight him though.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

I still wouldn't fight him though.
                          More likely to consider having a go these days rather than when this was made though.....

Comment

• Guess he might redo his character in KUNG FU PANDA 3 now it has been announced..

Also, see that POLICE STORY 2013 has been announced...but no director or anything yet..

http://jackiechan.com/films/2880950--Police-Story-2013

Comment

• Stopped by Big Lots and I found a copy of the OOP Dragon Dynasty CRIME STORY DVD (they also had ROBIN B HOOD and MY YOUNG AUNTIE) for $3 (even though I have the Shout Blu, I figured the extras on this were worth $3)
                              Derrick King
                              Waterfall Puncher
                              Last edited by Derrick King; 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                                Stopped by Big Lots and I found a copy of the OOP Dragon Dynasty CRIME STORY DVD (they also had ROBIN B HOOD and MY YOUNG AUNTIE) for $3 (even though I have the Shout Blu, I figured the extras on this were worth $3)
                                They certainly are for this movie.

Rob-b-Hood not worth even the $3 then??

Comment

Working...
                                X