No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover art and pre-order link for Jackie Chan: Beginnings - The Killer Meteors / New Fist Of Fury.

As stated earlier, these are being done under the Timeless banner, so they're low price releases (currently at $8.99) - no plans for Blu-ray here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The R3 release of CZ12 is now up for preorder at Yes Asia. I'm hoping Well Go or somebody will give this a domestic release.

In the Armour of God films, Jackie Chan played an adventurer who travels - and fights - across the globe in search of ancient relics. For his 101st film, the action superstar goes back to the adventure genre with CZ12 (a.k.a Chinese Zodiac). While not directly connected to the Armour of God series, CZ12 once again sees Jackie playing a treasure hunter traveling across the world to scour for rare items. This time, the Macguffin that everyone is after is a set of bronze heads modeled after the 12 Chinese Zodiac animals.

Promising that CZ12 is his last globetrotting action extravaganza, Jackie pulls out all the stops to make this the biggest film of his distinguished career. In fact, he took up so many positions (including director, producer, action choreographer, cameraman and even stunt double) that he ended up in the Guinness' Book of World Records of having the most credits in one film. Even at 58 years old, the superstar continued to do his own stunts, including rolling down a mountainous highway in a roller suit, taking a rough fall on an erupting volcano in Vanuatau and of course, the numerous fight scenes. Jackie also assembled a stellar supporting cast of international stars, including Kwon Sang Woo (Into the Fire), Liao Fan (Love on Credit), Oliver Platt (2012) and a few surprising cameos.

Antiquities dealer Morgan (Oliver Platt) also deals in counterfeiting antiques and other ancient relics. The latest item on his wish list is a set of bronze heads based on the 12 Chinese Zodiacs, and he has hired a team of treasure hunters - led by JC (Jackie Chan) - to retrieve them. After a thorough investigation, JC discovers that they were stolen during the sacking of the Summer Palace in 1860, and that the explorers who stole them may have been shipwrecked on a deserted island. This starts a wild globetrotting adventure for JC and his team, with a French duchess (Laura Weissbecker) and a Chinese activist tagging along.

Blu-ray Edition features both the 2D and the 3D versions of the film. It includes making of, deleted scenes and trailers. Initial press also comes with a photobook, only available while supplies last.

Product Title: CZ12 (2012) (Blu-ray) (2D + 3D) (Hong Kong Version)
      Also known as: Chinese Zodiac
      Artist Name(s): Jackie Chan (Actor) | Kwon Sang Woo (Actor) | Yao Xing Tong (Actor) | Zhang Lan Xin (Actor) | Jonathan Lee (Actor) | Steve Yoo (Actor) | Oliver Platt (Actor) | Wilson Chen (Actor) | Liao Fan (Actor) | Laura Weissbecker (Actor) | Jiang Wen | Kenny G
      Director: Jackie Chan
      Action Director: Jackie Chan
      Blu-ray Region Code: A - Americas (North, Central and South except French Guiana), Korea, Japan, South East Asia (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) What is it?
      Release Date: 2013-03-07
      Language: Cantonese, Mandarin
      Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
      Sound Information: 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital
      Disc Format(s): Blu-ray, 50 GB - Double Layer
      Video Codecs: AVC (MPEG-4 Part 10)
      Rating: IIA
      Publisher: CN Entertainment Ltd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cz12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	342431
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just got done watching CZ12 and enjoyed it a whole lot. After being a huge fan of his early work, I gave up on JC flicks when he started his US buddy films with owen wilson and the annoying chris tucker. So now I am curious about what I might have been missing out on. Any suggestions of good Chan from the last ten years?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
          I just got done watching CZ12 and enjoyed it a whole lot. After being a huge fan of his early work, I gave up on JC flicks when he started his US buddy films with owen wilson and the annoying chris tucker. So now I am curious about what I might have been missing out on. Any suggestions of good Chan from the last ten years?
          So you are saying that it IS worth watching????

And that it IS a return to his old style movies???

DON"T TEASE US ON THIS ONE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
            I really, really liked Little Big Soldier. I'd kind of given up on him after the Rush Hour stuff too, but this renewed my faith a fair bit.

Sounds like I need to get CZ12. And so I shall.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Chan reiterates in this article here that CZ12 could be his last action movie.

"Hailed as an action-comedy superstar with Asian and Hollywood success, Chan repeated past remarks that his future films may not be in the action genre.

"I have thought about retiring and in the case of action movies, I think `Chinese Zodiac' may be my last blockbuster-scale action movie," he said."
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"I have thought about retiring and in the case of action movies, I think `Chinese Zodiac' may be my last blockbuster-scale action movie," he said."
                Retiring for the weekend again Jackie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Unless the rumors about him being part of Expendables 3 are true.

Comment

As long as he gets more screen time than Jet Li did in Expendables 2, his inclusion in the cast would make me happy.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shout Factory is releasing Jackie Chan Beginnings Double Feature: Shaolin Wooden Men & To Kill with Intrigue on DVD on June 18th

Comment

I just wanted to post this picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	185160_277999772302164_1758085776_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	342622
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hello, panda bears you're looking for?

Comment

Comment