No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipcover art for teh 88 Blu-ray release of Miracles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EIeui5IWwAAuUaR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	356991
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• 88 also announced Heart Of Dragon with Jackie and Sammo for early 2020.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Up for pre-order.

Cover art.

Comment

• I watched the 88 Blu-ray release of Crime Story last night and was pretty happy with the presentation. In one of the extras it's mentioned that a lot of footage was shot but not used, including more violence and the earlier footage with Jet Li before he split and Jackie took over. Would be cool to see this materialize some day.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I wish someone would put a decent blu ray of PIK LIK FOH. I know a Spanish blu ray was released a couple years ago but it's utter crap and not English friendly either. The Japanese cut looks alright but unfortunately, it's butchered all to hell. It's not one of Jackie's best but I have a soft spot for the flick.

Comment

• Some screen caps from the 88 release of The Protector here.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                88 also announced Heart Of Dragon with Jackie and Sammo for early 2020.
                I still remember the crazy stunt with Chin Ka-lok where he broke his leg when he missed the car below. In the outtakes, you can see he really fucked himself up. Mad props to HK stuntmen, they never took the easy way out. I can't imagine Hollywood stuntmen taking the same risks. They're a bunch of pussies in comparison.

This movie wasn't great & I didn't really care for the tugging at the heartstrings plot involving Sammo as the retarded brother but I admit that Jackie and Sammo put together some touching dramatic scenes. Halfway in is where the movie turns into a conventional high octane action flick and the Yuen Biao, as action director in the final climactic fight scene at the construction site totally made it worth sitting through the droll first half.

Comment

• Anyone who missed the custom ADC blu ray of THE KILLER METEORS has another opportunity as it's been posted again. From the German blu ray with original mono audio w/ optional English subs plus English dub from the US dvd release.

Comment

• Poster art for Vanguard, which opens during the Chinese New Year celebration in 2020. Stanley Tong directed.

Name:	EK7tqy5WsAAHlWR.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	357131

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	53713801_162205251345032_5349962871948181504_n.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	357169

They should probably get rid of any mention of KUNG FU YOGA if they want audiences to show up. This looks like Tong trying to capitalize on the recent stuff from Dante Lam and Wu Jing. I'll go check it out though. The plot revolves around a "security team hired to protect a wealthy businessman and his daughter from terrorists." I see actress/yoga instructor Miya Muqi from KUNG FU YOGA is back for this one.

Comment

• Watched City Hunter the other night but fell asleep before it ended. Weird movie. Don't think I had ever seen it before.

Last night I dove into the WB Blu-ray release of Mr. Nice Guy. Great to have the full length version in HD. This one doesn't break the mold but it gives you pretty much everything you'd want out of a JC film from this era. It's funny, quickly paced, action paced and loaded with great stunts. It held up better than I thought it would, hadn't seen it in years.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pimpin' ain't easy.

Name:	EMJjNkwXkAA3H1C.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	357221
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I watched the Hong Kong Rescue edition of "Police Story I" last night and I was extremely impressed by the presentation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                              I watched the Hong Kong Rescue edition of "Police Story I" last night and I was extremely impressed by the presentation.
                              Good news is that HKR is back after a hiatus. Jacob recently mentioned PEKING OPERA BLUES and THE KILLER are on the way with A BETTER TOMORROW scheduled down the line.

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X