No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any UK release of SITES is going to be censored due to their animal cruelty laws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
      Any UK release of SITES is going to be censored due to their animal cruelty laws.
      Yes, I'm aware of that but it's not a deal breaker for me. I have more trust in MoC that they will do a proper release even with the mandated BBFC cut for animal cruelty as opposed to TT in that regard. :(

Comment

• For some people any censorship is a deal breaker. But you are correct MoC (if they do SITES) will do a much better job than TT.

Comment

• I just wanted to post this rad Thai poster image for Dragon's Forever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC0DCbnVwAEun20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	352553
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Trailer for The Foreigner with Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This looks surprisingly good. Never read the novel it's based on & I don't know shit about this director (looked him up and don't think I've seen a single film this guy has directed) but I'm down. Jackie has had his fair share of duds recently *cough*KUNG FU YOGA*cough* so here's to him getting back on track with this one. Also, looking forward to BLEEDING STEEL too.

Comment

• Chinese poster art for the upcoming release of The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Name:	DHgD4EkXYAEPH2K.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	352928
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Don't know how faithful this flick remains to the novel but I'm glad that jackie isn't being portrayed as some sort of invincible killing machine but rather is more realistically portrayed as an older man who may have slipped some in the reflex, strength, etc department in the intervening years but is still able to rely on guile and grit along with his Special Forces background to compensate against much younger foes. well, that's the feeling I get from the latest fight scene trailer anyway.

Comment

• I seen this at the Blu-ray.com forums, but don't think it has been mentioned in this thread that Fortune Star has done a new 4K remasters for Police Story, Police Story 2 and Police Story 3
                      Derrick King
                      Waterfall Puncher
                      Last edited by Derrick King; 09-14-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• I went to see THE FOREIGNER last night and it was alright & certainly one of Jackie's better Western movies in recent memory but not without its flaws. My chief complaint being Jackie's vengeance really takes second fiddle to the internal power struggle & back dealings between hardline old school IRA factions and Brosnan's politically expedient character. Yes, I'm sure the Leather novel focuses much its plot on this aspect but when the main selling point of this action film is Jackie Chan's vendetta against his daughter's killers -- then it's a bit of letdown. The other issue for me was Jackie looks so haggard and scruffy and for sure, during his bereavement period, it all fits well & dandy but he keeps this same downtrodden taciturn demeanor for the entire movie and it really does him no favors. Heck, Pierce Brosnan is older and he still looked more spry and full of vigor in comparison. Kinda weird but I kept conjuring up images of Johnny Hallyday in VENGEANCE because both looked older than dirt and both had the same befuddled look on their faces the entire movie. This film left me wanting at the end. Not enough violent action and the whole IRA angle seemed anachronistic in this contemporary setting.

Comment

• Gorgeous is getting a 'remastered' release in HK, but it looks like it's DVD only.

Name:	GorgeousEDTS0339350.jpg
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	353240

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...2&LanguageID=0
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Gorgeous is getting a 'remastered' release in HK, but it looks like it's DVD only.
                            It's on BD too, already out
                            - http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=297535

Comment

• Thanks for that. It's on DDDhouse too, somehow I missed that. Caps posted in that thread look decent enough.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Jackie's former manager, Willie Chan, has passed away.

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/wi...76-1202598542/
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X