No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool that him and Wiseman were recognized. Too bad it wasn't broadcast. Do they show clips at the Oscars of them accepting?
    Randy G
    Last edited by Randy G; 01-23-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Drunken Master is coming on BD from MoC!

Comment

• Twilight Time have DRUNKEN MASTER and SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW from Sony here in the States. I'll be curious to see how the discs turn out -- there's been a history of audio issues with DM in particular.

Comment

• Went to check out Jackie's latest, RAILROAD TIGERS last night and it was meh all around. I do appreciate that a geriatric Jackie can still display some moves and I did take that into consideration but the script, plot and action (cheap ass CG effects too) were generally uninspiring. To make matters worse was the constant chatter from this couple a couple rows behind us -- so fucking annoying! These morons kept blathering in Mandarin during the non-action sequences (which were plenty) & even after they were told to shut up, they kept at it. Still not as bad as being in a theatre full of dindus - I had such bad experiences back in the day that I refuse to watch a movie where more than a few of 'em are in the crowd. They just can't act civilized in a movie theater.

Comment

• "Jack (Jackie Chan), a world-renowned archaeology professor, and his team are on a grand quest to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure when they are ambushed by a team of mercenaries and left for dead. Using his vast knowledge of history and kung fu, Jack leads his team on a race around the world to beat the mercenaries to the treasure and save an ancient culture in this breakneck action-comedy that reunites Chan with acclaimed director Stanley Tong (Rumble in the Bronx, Supercop)."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I started a thread for this one not that long ago...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ight=Kung+yoga

Comment

• Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                Drunken Master is coming on BD from MoC!
                Hot off the presses...

New Announcement! DRUNKEN MASTER, the Original Kung-Fu Classic starring the undisputed Godfather of Martial Arts Action-Comedy Jackie Chan, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 24 April 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl

Hong Kong action pioneer Yuen Woo-ping (The Matrix; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and martial arts superstar Jackie Chan burst onto the scene in 1978 with a one-two punch of kung fu masterpieces, and it was the second of these, Drunken Master, with its Keatonesque slapstick and flawlessly choreographed fight scenes that would leave the biggest impact.

Jackie Chan plays Wong Fei-hung (a legendary Chinese folk hero who has also been portrayed on screen by Jet Li, Gordon Liu and Donnie Yen amongst many others), who is punished for his frequent troublemaking by being forced to study under the martial arts master Su Hua Chi (Yuen Siu-tien), notorious for his drinking as much as he is for leaving his students crippled. Wong proves himself an adept pupil, but his new skills are soon put to the test when his own father is targeted by a brutal assassin (Hwang Jang Lee, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow).

Frequently ranked as one of the greatest martial arts films of all time, Drunken Master revolutionised modern action cinema, and the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a new Dual-Format edition.

DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

- Definitive transfer from 4K digital restoration
                - The original complete Cantonese soundtrack, rarely heard on home video
                - Alternate Cantonese, English and Mandarin audio options
                - Newly translated English subtitles
                - Audio commentary by Hong Kong film experts Ric Meyers and Jeff Yang
                - New video interview with director Yuen Woo-ping
                - Video interview with Jackie Chan
                - New video interview with film scholar Tony Rayns
                - New video appreciation by director Gareth Evans (The Raid film series)
                - Deleted scene
                - Original trailer
                - PLUS: A booklet featuring new writing and archival imagery

Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl

Click image for larger version

Name:	16683913_1480354421975249_6619381377492492096_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	352027
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some nice extras on there...but I am strictly a modern day Jackie movie fan...dont really like his traditional stuff enough to buy them...

Comment

• How long have you lived in crazy town?

Comment

• This is my favourite Jackie moment:

Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                        Some nice extras on there...but I am strictly a modern day Jackie movie fan...dont really like his traditional stuff enough to buy them...
                        I thought I was the only one!

bromance level through the roof!
                        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                          How long have you lived in crazy town?
                          Not talking madern day Jackie (Rush Hour onwards)...just modern SETTING Jackie ...from his golden years of greatness....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                            I thought I was the only one!

bromance level through the roof!
                            Easy there Swede...Chicken Kebab Lady from the Valentine's Day thread migrhtbget jealous...no heaet shaped chocolate for you next year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                              Not talking madern day Jackie (Rush Hour onwards)...just modern SETTING Jackie ...from his golden years of greatness....
                              Okay, that makes waaaay more sense.

Comment

• I'm a glutton for punishment because I went to go see KUNG FU YOGA last weekend. I knew the movie would suck but I didn't follow my gut and instead sat through nearly 2 hours of mediocrity and Jackie being a shell of his former self. :poop: That one bollywood actress was pretty but as usual Jackie's onscreen chemistry with his love interest was non-existent and cringeworthy. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than his wooing Jennifer Love-Hewitt in THE TUXEDO.

Comment

Working...
                                X