No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRUNKEN MASTER 3......NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....It IS way too late for that!
    RUSH HOUR 4............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...There is no need for this movie to exist
    EXPENDABLES 4...........MAYBE......If they give him a decent part.....

I read an interview a a few days ago where he basically said CHINESE ZODIAC is made by the REAL Jackie Chan...............I seriously hope not!!!!

Comment

• Oh oh...Maybe CHAN will be making POLICE STORY sequel to tackle his latest problems.....

BEIJING (AP) — Hong Kong action superstar Jackie Chan's actor-son Jaycee Chan has been detained in Beijing on drug-related charges, the latest high-profile celebrity to be ensnared in one of China's biggest anti-drug crackdowns in two decades.
      Jaycee Chan, 31, was detained last Thursday together with the 23-year-old Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko, Beijing police said late Monday on their official microblog,
      Police said both actors tested positive for marijuana and admitted using the drug, and that 100 grams of it were taken from Chan's home.
      https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jackie-cha...6.html#Ey8wRTt

At least Jackie has managed to escape the MAJORITY of bad publicity throughout his career (although of course there are always rumours)......

Comment

• So there's a whole bunch of Japanese Jackie Chan special edition Blu-ray releases coming out 11/26/14 according to this post here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71USJiJTymL._SX522_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	347321

Name:	81BvvLbyCEL._SX522_.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	347322

Name:	81eqfMf1LXL._SX522_.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	347323

Name:	81J56tR+GaL._SX522_.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	347324

Name:	81nxOx5VxTL._SX522_.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	347325

Name:	81wnRT-7M2L._SX522_.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	347326

Name:	81ZGjm5yo8L._SX522_.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	347327

"As you can see, all of these have slipcovers common with the "Extreme Editions" (as previously seen with the Bruce Lee blus), as well as the reversible covers. Not to mention that they all come with reprints of theatrical pamphlets. Aside from this, all of the films are supposed to come with bonus HD transfers of their respective Japanese theatrical cuts, although the confirmation on Young Master seems a pinch flimsy at the moment. "

More details at the link above. I can't afford all of these so I'm going to hold out hope we get better, proper domestic releases but for those who need them, they sound worthwhile.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Also in the works and coming in Dec., more Japanese releases!

Drunken Master!

Name:	91LZSKkIfiL._SL1500_.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	347328

And Snake In Eagle's Shadow!

Name:	91k7PQr9EKL._SL1500_.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	347329

It doesn't look like this are English friendly though, so that allows me to easily avoid temptation.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some caps here show the difference in color timing between the Fortune Star and Japanese releases of Young Master.

Quite a difference...
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cinematographer killer on the set of Jackie Chan's Skiptrace.

"A cinematographer was killed on Wednesday in Hong Kong during the filming of Jackie Chan-starring film “Skiptrace.”

Chan Kwok-hung is understood to have drowned in an accident that occurred when a boat he was on capsized off Lantau Island. According to the South China Morning Post, it is understood to have happened around 3am local time.

Seven other film crew were on board, but they managed to swim the 30 meters to shore. Neither Jackie Chan nor co-star Fan Bingbing are believed to have been on board at the time.

“Skiptrace” is the story of a Hong Kong detective (Jackie Chan) and a fast-talking American gambler (Johnny Knoxville) on a massive chase across China on the trail of a gangster who has kidnapped the cop's niece (Fan). Direction is by Renny Harlin (“Die Hard 2,” “Cliffhanger”)."
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• From Blu-ray.com:

"Police Story 2013" just got a release in Japan. AFAIK, this is the only Blu with a lossless version of the original Mandarin soundtrack, and it'll probably run at 23.976 fps. (The HK Blu runs at 24 fps.) I'll edit this post with some more specs in the next day or so. For now, here's what CDJapan states.

Name:	BIXF-146.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	347608

Catalog No. BIXF-146
                JAN/ISBN 4907953062979
                Product Type Blu-ray
                TV Standard NTSC
                Number of Discs 1
                Label/Distributor Happinet
                Color Color
                Running Time 110minutes
                Aspect Ratio(s) 16:9 Cinemascope
                Region free
                Subtitles Japanese
                Audio Track Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1ch Surround
                Original Language Dolby TrueHD 5.1ch Surround
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hey guys? That movie you always wanted to see where Jackie Chan was cast alongside Adrian Brody and John Cusack? It's happening and here's a trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I feel that film will suck horribly but with a magnificent cast. I will buy it on disc for sure.
                    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• I dont know if that trailer was specifically made for the Chinese market..or if it was an adequate reflection of the movie...But I am thinking that messrs Brody and Cusack are not in the movie as much as you might think.....

Either way, asa Chan completist (who has been close to suicide numerous times in later years because of this ) I will indeed watch it at some point....if only to play "Guess who signed on just for the paycheck" with the two non-Chinese in the cast!!

Interesting note that MEL GIBSON was first wanted to fill the Roman role in the movie....Might have been more interesting...

EDIT: Even the IMDB doesnt seem interested....

PLOT: Lost Roman soldiers navigate their way through China.
                      sukebanboy
                      Last edited by sukebanboy; 12-26-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                        I feel that film will suck horribly but with a magnificent cast. I will buy it on disc for sure.
                        It really does have 'fabulous disaster' written all over it!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Having just watch Cusack ALMOST derail MAPS TO THE STARS with his lack of charisma, I am certain he will have trouble portraying a Roman in trouble.....too much of a stretch for his acting skills!

Brody looks like he is having fun and hamming it up though....Jackie Chan's bad wig is probably gonna turn out to be the only thing in the movie with any respect left as the final credits roll.
                          !!

Comment

• KABOOM! Police Story: Lockdown trailer...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Haha..for a second there I thought it was a new movie that I had somehow missed...shame as it would have been better than this one...

Comment

• A not so flattering review for the Police Story: Lockdown here.

http://fanboynation.com/police-story-lockdown-2013/

A Jackie Chan movie that's no fun doesn't sound good...
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X