X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. I actually want to see this.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Looks like some kind of mainland setting, no? Interesting indeed. Supercop goes commie!
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• That looks very good.......Looks also like the humour has been jettisoned from the picture....so maybe not fair to call it a POLICE STORY movie?

Hope its as brutal and action packed as the trailer suggests...i dont even care if jackie is only half the movie...his "hands on " presence means it wont be crap...especially as they seem determined to go "non funny" route!

Comment

• I think I'd actually prefer a more serious movie in the line. I guess though that you're right, it's almost not a 'Police Story' movie without the humor, but this trailer definitely sells it.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I think I'd actually prefer a more serious movie in the line. I guess though that you're right, it's almost not a 'Police Story' movie without the humor, but this trailer definitely sells it.
            Oh yeah...they are giving it a good go...The director was the one who did one of Jackie's later movies that wasnt so bad (Little Big Soldier)

In this he plays a Mainland police officer rather than a HK one...

A public screening of Police Story 2013 was held at the 2013 Beijing International Film Festival in April 2013.[6] Chan also promoted the film at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival in May 2013.[7] The film is set for release in China in December 24, 2013

Comment

• Brief plot outline...from a guy in it...

the film I just finished is Jackie Chan's Police Story 2013. In that story, there's not a lot of fighting action. There's lots of shooting, police and military involved in this.

It's a lot different than the old one because this one takes place in Beijing in winter. All the cops and all the police are China policemen. It's kind of unique. It's fun because they used the real cops and special forces. All the policemen, special forces and firefighters are all real policemen, special forces and firefighters. I'm one of them, but I play a sniper. My character was fun. At the end, I go in and save him. The story, well, I can't really tell the story. They keep it secret. But it's different. This is about a father and a daughter. And it's about family. It's about the dad going to this club and saving his daughter, and involving a whole gang and police.

Comment

• I thought, out of the recent Jackie films that I've seen, Little Big Soldier was one of his best. I really enjoyed that. A lot of good comedy in that one, actually, but balanced properly with enough action to make it all work. That's probably my favorite of his post 2005 movies.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hmm...interesting

When asked about cooperating with mainland directors Jackie said that he and Zhang Yimou will be making a film together next year that will be "completely unexpected" - no one will imagine that Jackie would make a movie like this. The film evolved out of a script idea that Jackie had during a conversation with Zhang Yimou that is finally coming to fruition. Jackie also said he had had an invitation to make a movie with Chen Kaige and had the script for two years before having to turn it down because of scheduling conflicts. Jackie finished by saying that in future he will play many different roles.

Comment

• Interesting... and vague.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• He said there would be no fighting in it at all......

Comment

• Operation Condor gets a Blu release in the UK on 11/11/13 from Medium Rare.

No idea on specs or extras.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Operation-Condor---blu-ray-sleeve-(3D).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	344637
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Woo-hoo...Really like this movie~!~One of his more consistent efforts from a great time in his career...

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I bought that blu of Armour of God 2: Operation Condor. Really nice disc. Though it replaced my HK region 0 dvd in chinese with "engrish" subs, so any upgrade would have blown me away....
                              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Chinese Zodiac coming to Blu 3/25/14 from Universal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ognitrespon-20

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X