• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    From 88 Films Facebook:

Here it is, a title we feel really privileged to be able to release, Jackie Chan in Snake in the Eagles's Shadow.

We are only able to sell this until the end of 2021 so get in quick if you want it as it won't be around for very long!

Pre order coming shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
    That isn't going to happen, as WB owns it worldwide.
    WB may just use the subs that 88 Films would work with, to cut costs. That kind of exchange isn't unknown in licensing deals.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    Oh balls.

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    You just have to hope 88 Films release it as part of their Jackie Chan releases then. I know they'de do PROPER subtitles etc for it as well as include extras that the US Warner release will most likely lack.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    No mention of proper subtitles, so it looks like this will only offer the bad subtitles from a theatrical print or English SDH (which I'm assuming are based on the English dub.) So goddamned lazy, WAC, so lazy.
    Shit, man, at least wait for details to be announced before throwing a fit.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    No mention of proper subtitles, so it looks like this will only offer the bad subtitles from a theatrical print or English SDH (which I'm assuming are based on the English dub.) So goddamned lazy, WAC, so lazy.
    You just have to hope 88 Films release it as part of their Jackie Chan releases then. I know they'de do PROPER subtitles etc for it as well as include extras that the US Warner release will most likely lack.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Jackie turns 67 today!

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EyN2hM1WQAMgfcm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	359671

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    That is the way it reads to me. I don't know why WAC has such a hard time correctly doing subtitles. The old , bad subtitles are a fun, nostalgic extra, but there really is no excuse for not including proper non-SDH subtitles.

Leave a comment:

• Killer Meteor

• Killer Meteor
    replied
    So bad subtitles or SDH? No new translation sans SDH?

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Warner Archive has uploaded some trailers and clips from Drunken Master II to their YouTube page with the following note
    DRUNKEN MASTER II (1994) NEW 2021 1080p HD Master Sourced from 4K scan of Original Camera Negative!
    The film that cemented Jackie Chan's iconic status as an action hero unlike any other pack a punch and brings a belly laugh in this eye-popping presentation taken from the original negatives! In turbulent China before World War I, the collapse of the Manchu Dynasty fuels violent uprisings and political chaos--the perfect setting for a grand-scale smuggling ring led by an unscrupulous British consul. When the ring plots to steal China's crown jewels only one man, legendary "Drunken Fist" master Huang Fei-hung (Chan), possesses the courage and ferocity to stop the ruthless gang. Contains three different audio tracks, the original Cantonese language track, Mandarin and English. This new high definition master taken from the original camera negative offers the option of the original English subtitles that appeared on theatrical prints in Hong Kong, as well as other venues, and contain the spelling and grammatical errors as seen at the time. Also offers English SDH sub-titles.
    Someone on the Blu-ray.com forum is claiming the Blu-ray is due in May, but I haven't seen any confirmation.
    Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher
    Last edited by Derrick King; 04-01-2021, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Watched the 88 release of The Young Master last night, it's a better movie than I remember it if not on the level of Chan's best work. A good use of comedy and the last 45 minutes or so gets pretty intense, especially that last fight sequence. A really nice presentation overall. The set is loaded with extras and the transfer is quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Diabolik has the LE of Young Master in stock.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-ray-region-b/

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X