Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	342629
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
      I just got done watching CZ12 and enjoyed it a whole lot. After being a huge fan of his early work, I gave up on JC flicks when he started his US buddy films with owen wilson and the annoying chris tucker. So now I am curious about what I might have been missing out on. Any suggestions of good Chan from the last ten years?
      I just got through watching CHINESE ZODIAC and...........

...knock me over with a feather....It was like being taken back to BEFORE he sold out and went to Hollywood...Just imagine he started this one directly AFTER Operation Condor (Armor of God 2) and you won't be far wrong....

Fights are well edited, cool future technology is used, overacting foreigners employed as extras, bickering girl characters doing stupid shit, dodgy CGI (straight out of the 1990's!!) IMAGINATIVE fight/action scenes. famous cameos, dumb humour!!....and story that doesnt really make sense

Yes, if this IS the last big-budget all out action movie he is going to make, then this is a good way to end it....

The ONLY disappointment in it is the very end scene.....COULD have ended it FANTASTICALLY for the fans with only 5 seconds...but for some reason it DID play out the right way ...but just not the RIGHT way (watch it and you will see what I mean)
      sukebanboy
      Last edited by sukebanboy; 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I'm waiting for the inevitible domestic release on this rather than importing it but I'm glad to hear this is worthwhile. Did you import the HK disc?
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hear its getting a release in the summer in the US...not sure if that means theater or DVD....

BLU RAY and 3-D dvd go on sale in HK at the end of march....

Comment

No word as to specs or language options or any of that stuff yet but Echo Bridge has another Miramax owned Chan film coming to Blu-ray this year.

Dragon Lord hits on May 7, 2013. Amazon currently has it on pre-order for $4.99. At that price, I'll try it out.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dragonlord.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	342670
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Love it when they put a NEWish pic of Jackie on one of his old movies....hoping to lure in a few newer Jackie fans!!!

Comment

Pretty sure the Dragon Lord Blu is already available at Best Buy as part of their early release exclusives and it is English dub only ('cause it is too damn hard to include the original language and subtitles )

Comment

If its STILL the English dub....means it is about 2 mins shorter than the other country releases...

Comment

Lame. I still might get it at that price though. Wasn't this released in HK in the Chinese cut through Fortune Star as an upscale? I wonder if this is a better transfer, albeit of the shorter version?
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                        I just got through watching CHINESE ZODIAC and...........

...knock me over with a feather....It was like being taken back to BEFORE he sold out and went to Hollywood...Just imagine he started this one directly AFTER Operation Condor (Armor of God 2) and you won't be far wrong....

Fights are well edited, cool future technology is used, overacting foreigners employed as extras, bickering girl characters doing stupid shit, dodgy CGI (straight out of the 1990's!!) IMAGINATIVE fight/action scenes. famous cameos, dumb humour!!....and story that doesnt really make sense

Yes, if this IS the last big-budget all out action movie he is going to make, then this is a good way to end it....
                        Watched this tonight and more or less agree with you on this Sukebanboy. Really didn't think I was going to for most of the movie -- the first 2/3 or so I thought were really bad, for the most part. But by they time they got to the bad guy's (very Bond Villiain-esque) lair, it turned around pretty well. All the action from there on out seemed pretty great...not up to the standards of his 80's classics obviously, but WAY better than I had really expected.

The ONLY disappointment in it is the very end scene.....COULD have ended it FANTASTICALLY for the fans with only 5 seconds...but for some reason it DID play out the right way ...but just not the RIGHT way (watch it and you will see what I mean)
                        I'm curious what you're referring to here...Are you talking about the character that shows up in the hospital room? PM me if you think it's too spoilery to post in the general thread.

Comment

APRONIKOFF..yes I am....Think he dropped the ball on that one...Would have been the perfect way to tie up everything!....and it SEEMED like ti was going to go through with it too..but it was not to be...

As for the pacing of the movie, it was in line with OPERATION CONDOR I think...Start was good......middle third idiot girls/ strange comedy/ losing its way with bits that don't really work (pirates???)...Then picks up at the end!....Yes it wasnt really up to the speed/ choreography of his old stuff...but not bad for a guy of 58!!!..Blows his RUSH HOUR/ TUXEDO dreck out of the water, thats for sure!...and you could tell he was having fun making it and being in control of everything!!

A nice way to end making this kind of movie in his career!...Something that, for the past few years, I NEVER thought I would be able to say!!!

Comment

Where can I get this on DVD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                              Where can I get this on DVD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
                              CHINESE ZODIAC???

Wait til the end of March and a Blu Ray in HK will be released...

Comment

CHINESE ZODIAC???

Wait til the end of March and a Blu Ray in HK will be released...
                                Fuck yeah!!!!!
                                I have waited for years for a proper Jackie Chan film!
                                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
                                X