X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    battle Creek brawl is the worst Jackie film IMHO, well at least Before the Went all Disney on us.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cityhunter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	342870

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    CITY HUNTER definitely benefitted from Wong Jing being director....

Heard they didn't really get on with their ideas for direction to go with the movie.....but Jing's silliness aded just athat bit of difference to make this one stand out a bit from other Chan movies of the time....

STREETFIGHTER scene was cool...although obviously crow-barred into the plot!!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I like both of those movies quite a bit, actually. I'm wagering they'll be upscales like the first two releases have been, having used the Fortune Star 'masters' and all - but I'm still looking forward to this one.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    CITY HUNTER is great!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Jackie Chan: Battle Creek Brawl / City Hunter coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shaolin-wooden-men-shout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	342719

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
    While you are watching just keep thinking OPERATION CONDOR rather than POLICE STORY and you will be fine!
    Armour of God II: Operation Condor is in fact my favourite Jackie film with Police Story 3/Supercop a close second.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Fuck yeah!!!!!
    I have waited for years for a proper Jackie Chan film!
    BE WARNED though....While this IS a return to form for Jackie...It DOES also contain the crap humor, disjointed story, multi-language dubbing, stupid facial antics, NON-acting by extras and stupid antics that plagued most HK movies during the 80s/90s....

So if you are a fan you should fee right at home!

While you are watching just keep thinking OPERATION CONDOR rather than POLICE STORY and you will be fine!

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    CHINESE ZODIAC???

Wait til the end of March and a Blu Ray in HK will be released...
    Fuck yeah!!!!!
    I have waited for years for a proper Jackie Chan film!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Where can I get this on DVD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
    CHINESE ZODIAC???

Wait til the end of March and a Blu Ray in HK will be released...

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Where can I get this on DVD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    APRONIKOFF..yes I am....Think he dropped the ball on that one...Would have been the perfect way to tie up everything!....and it SEEMED like ti was going to go through with it too..but it was not to be...

As for the pacing of the movie, it was in line with OPERATION CONDOR I think...Start was good......middle third idiot girls/ strange comedy/ losing its way with bits that don't really work (pirates???)...Then picks up at the end!....Yes it wasnt really up to the speed/ choreography of his old stuff...but not bad for a guy of 58!!!..Blows his RUSH HOUR/ TUXEDO dreck out of the water, thats for sure!...and you could tell he was having fun making it and being in control of everything!!

A nice way to end making this kind of movie in his career!...Something that, for the past few years, I NEVER thought I would be able to say!!!

Leave a comment:

• Apronikoff

• Apronikoff
    replied
    I just got through watching CHINESE ZODIAC and...........

...knock me over with a feather....It was like being taken back to BEFORE he sold out and went to Hollywood...Just imagine he started this one directly AFTER Operation Condor (Armor of God 2) and you won't be far wrong....

Fights are well edited, cool future technology is used, overacting foreigners employed as extras, bickering girl characters doing stupid shit, dodgy CGI (straight out of the 1990's!!) IMAGINATIVE fight/action scenes. famous cameos, dumb humour!!....and story that doesnt really make sense

Yes, if this IS the last big-budget all out action movie he is going to make, then this is a good way to end it....
    Watched this tonight and more or less agree with you on this Sukebanboy. Really didn't think I was going to for most of the movie -- the first 2/3 or so I thought were really bad, for the most part. But by they time they got to the bad guy's (very Bond Villiain-esque) lair, it turned around pretty well. All the action from there on out seemed pretty great...not up to the standards of his 80's classics obviously, but WAY better than I had really expected.

The ONLY disappointment in it is the very end scene.....COULD have ended it FANTASTICALLY for the fans with only 5 seconds...but for some reason it DID play out the right way ...but just not the RIGHT way (watch it and you will see what I mean)
    I'm curious what you're referring to here...Are you talking about the character that shows up in the hospital room? PM me if you think it's too spoilery to post in the general thread.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Lame. I still might get it at that price though. Wasn't this released in HK in the Chinese cut through Fortune Star as an upscale? I wonder if this is a better transfer, albeit of the shorter version?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X