Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EyN2hM1WQAMgfcm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	359671
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• No mention of proper subtitles, so it looks like this will only offer the bad subtitles from a theatrical print or English SDH (which I'm assuming are based on the English dub.) So goddamned lazy, WAC, so lazy.

Comment

• Jackie turns 67 today!
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          No mention of proper subtitles, so it looks like this will only offer the bad subtitles from a theatrical print or English SDH (which I'm assuming are based on the English dub.) So goddamned lazy, WAC, so lazy.
          You just have to hope 88 Films release it as part of their Jackie Chan releases then. I know they'de do PROPER subtitles etc for it as well as include extras that the US Warner release will most likely lack.

Comment

No mention of proper subtitles, so it looks like this will only offer the bad subtitles from a theatrical print or English SDH (which I'm assuming are based on the English dub.) So goddamned lazy, WAC, so lazy.
            Shit, man, at least wait for details to be announced before throwing a fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
              You just have to hope 88 Films release it as part of their Jackie Chan releases then. I know they'de do PROPER subtitles etc for it as well as include extras that the US Warner release will most likely lack.
              That isn't going to happen, as WB owns it worldwide.

Comment

Oh balls.

Comment

WB may just use the subs that 88 Films would work with, to cut costs. That kind of exchange isn't unknown in licensing deals.

Comment

• From 88 Films Facebook:

Here it is, a title we feel really privileged to be able to release, Jackie Chan in Snake in the Eagles's Shadow.

We are only able to sell this until the end of 2021 so get in quick if you want it as it won't be around for very long!

Pre order coming shortly.

Comment

• Pre-order is up.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...-eagles-shadow
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Odd that it has such a short license.

Comment

• So, I ignored my gut feeling and saw Vanguard as it became available here. My god what horrible CGI and the acting is even worse. How can the acting in chinese films have devolved so massively since the glory days of Hong Kong cinema? Sure, they had some iffy acting sometimes but the general level was all right. These modern chinese films all have horrible acting, almost cartoon like. WTF is up with that?

Still the film had a couple of decent fight scenes, so it was not totally wasted.
                          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E0wlHWUVoAIItIs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	359850
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• There are a couple of reviews of the WAC Drunken Master II Blu-ray at it appears it is the same master they released in Asia and it isn't a new 4K scan, but it is on a dual-layered disc, so the encode should be better. And, no surprise here, they didn't do proper subs, so you have either dubtitles or the old Hong Kong subtitles.

Comment

• Jackie Chan Stunt Team member Max Huang is on the latest Kung Fu Movie Guide podcast.

http://kungfumovieguide.com/kfmg-pod...-73-max-huang/
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X