No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, seriously, that poster answers a lot of questions.

A while back there were news stories about the fact that China had banned time travel as a topic in science fiction films. This led many to wonder why on Earth China was so concerned about something so trivial.

Then we have the mystery of how it is that Jackie Chan is retiring from action movies and then making Police Story 2013.

Now, I never would have guessed that these mysteries were related, but clearly they are. That poster proves that China has invented a time machine (which is why they banned the sic-fi movies -- didn't want trade secrets getting out) and they've used it to go back in time and get Jackie Chan from the early 1990's to force him to make new movies. I don't know why they thought they could keep this secret -- one look at that poster and its clear that that's not 2012's Jackie Chan, but the 1992 model starring in that movie.

I, for one, say Huzzah!

Comment

It also looks just like the poster for The Mechanic remake starring Jason Statham that was made a couple of years ago.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
        Ok, seriously, that poster answers a lot of questions.

A while back there were news stories about the fact that China had banned time travel as a topic in science fiction films. This led many to wonder why on Earth China was so concerned about something so trivial.

Then we have the mystery of how it is that Jackie Chan is retiring from action movies and then making Police Story 2013.

Now, I never would have guessed that these mysteries were related, but clearly they are. That poster proves that China has invented a time machine (which is why they banned the sic-fi movies -- didn't want trade secrets getting out) and they've used it to go back in time and get Jackie Chan from the early 1990's to force him to make new movies. I don't know why they thought they could keep this secret -- one look at that poster and its clear that that's not 2012's Jackie Chan, but the 1992 model starring in that movie.

I, for one, say Huzzah!
        Haha, I like this explanation better than assuming it's a bad photoshop job.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Twitch has got the new trailer for Chan's Chinese Zodiac available to view here.

This looks like it could be a really nice return to form for him.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Have things been a bit quiet on the Chan front lately??...Or am I just not in the loop?

Comment

Chinese Zodiac is done and will be in theaters in China for Chinese New Year... and Rush Hour 4 has been announced!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                and Rush Hour 4 has been announced!
                Think I read this somewhere a while back.....but my brain has auto-deleted the information in order to save my sanity!!

Comment

Via Twitch:
                  Action legend Jackie Chan has a reputation for being one of the hardest working man in showbiz but now he has two Guinness World records certificate to back up this claim. Today, Chan was officially awarded "Most Stunts Performed by a Living Actor" and "Most Credits in One Movie" while attending the opening of the Jackie Chan Film Gallery in Shanghai. In Chinese Zodiac, Chan holds fifteen credits to his name with writer, directer, lead actor as Asian Hawk, producer, executive producer, cinematographer, art director, unit production manager, catering coordinator, stunt coordinator, gaffer, composer, theme tune vocalist, props and stuntman.

Comment

Wow. Go Jackie.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also.... this! (from Twitch).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chinese-Zodiac-poster3-thumb-630xauto-35416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	342089
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Where has Jackie supposedly just jumped from in that poster????

Not the volcano for sure.....

Ah...i think I got it.....A WINGSUIT!!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...?4281-Wingsuit

He's just flying around the world until someone stops him!!

Seriously......

With all the money going into this production they cant even get a decent poster???

Comment

Yeah, I dunno what's going on with the posters for this movie. They're stupid.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

No quality control...that's the problem!!

This would NEVER happen on a US production!!!

Comment

At least it's better than this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	jackie_chan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	342109
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

^^ that was a comedy though...(well alledgedly)...This one is primarily an action movie...gotta try harder.....

Comment

Working...
                                X