• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Takuma

• Takuma
    replied
    Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Just watched Drunken Master yesterday for the first time. Previously, the only Jackie Chan movies I had seen were Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour 2 and maybe Shanghai Nights (Knights?), haha! Drunken Master was a little more comedic than I wanted it to be but I was definitely impressed by young Jackie Chan. Pretty amazing. Looking forward to watching other old films of his!
    Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals should provide perfect follow ups.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Just watched Drunken Master yesterday for the first time. Previously, the only Jackie Chan movies I had seen were Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour 2 and maybe Shanghai Nights (Knights?), haha! Drunken Master was a little more comedic than I wanted it to be but I was definitely impressed by young Jackie Chan. Pretty amazing. Looking forward to watching other old films of his!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I saw Skiptrace, with Jackie and Johnny Knoxville. It was classic Jackie, with the same setup/formula etc like in his best era, only this one was completely awful. Not one likeable thing about it. Complete and utter shit, actually.
    I agree..even though the opening set piece on the floating houses loiked great and classic on paper..in the movie it was just flat and boring....

Western directors cannot reproduce classic Jackie...no matter how good everything else seems to be..just not possible..even CHAN himself has trouble recreating gis own stuff...see Chinese Zodiac for example...

Would like to see Jackie in a serious violent movie ala Liam Neesons more recent stuff..would be great I think...

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    I saw Skiptrace, with Jackie and Johnny Knoxville. It was classic Jackie, with the same setup/formula etc like in his best era, only this one was completely awful. Not one likeable thing about it. Complete and utter shit, actually.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Some info on the upcoming release of The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and.... Pierce Brosnan? Martin Campbell directs.

Huh.

http://cityonfire.com/jackie-chan-to...the-foreigner/
    Always happy to see Chan release something..even though I am usually not that happy to actually watch them!!!

Interesting for that reporter to.mention that Chan might be doing a Loam Neeson type shift in his movies..kicking more ass..but in a more realistic (and hopefully violent ) way.It would be a good move..the guy is over 60!!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Some info on the upcoming release of The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and.... Pierce Brosnan? Martin Campbell directs.

Huh.

http://cityonfire.com/jackie-chan-to...the-foreigner/

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Twilight Time just announced this:

SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW (1978) / DRUNKEN MASTER (1978) BLU-RAY - June 13th

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    The huge age difference between him and his leading ladies doesnt help either!!

GORGEOUS with Shu Qi was the first really awkward one I remember seeing where the age difference was like wtf!!!

Leave a comment:

• Killer Meteor

• Killer Meteor
    replied
    It's funny how in Jackie's first US film, The Big Brawl, he's all over Kristine DeBelle (and who can blame him?), but subsequently he's had little to no chemistry with his leading ladies.

Leave a comment:

• 47lab
    replied
    I'm a glutton for punishment because I went to go see KUNG FU YOGA last weekend. I knew the movie would suck but I didn't follow my gut and instead sat through nearly 2 hours of mediocrity and Jackie being a shell of his former self. :poop: That one bollywood actress was pretty but as usual Jackie's onscreen chemistry with his love interest was non-existent and cringeworthy. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than his wooing Jennifer Love-Hewitt in THE TUXEDO.

Leave a comment:

• Roderick
    Butthorn

• Roderick
    replied
    Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Not talking madern day Jackie (Rush Hour onwards)...just modern SETTING Jackie ...from his golden years of greatness....
    Okay, that makes waaaay more sense.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I thought I was the only one!

bromance level through the roof!
    Easy there Swede...Chicken Kebab Lady from the Valentine's Day thread migrhtbget jealous...no heaet shaped chocolate for you next year!!!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Roderick View Post
    How long have you lived in crazy town?
    Not talking madern day Jackie (Rush Hour onwards)...just modern SETTING Jackie ...from his golden years of greatness....

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Some nice extras on there...but I am strictly a modern day Jackie movie fan...dont really like his traditional stuff enough to buy them...
    I thought I was the only one!

bromance level through the roof!

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    This is my favourite Jackie moment:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X