No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Chan admits to hitting his son and drinking and driving in his new memoir!

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/ja...ng-1202024887/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Trailer for The Knight Of Shadows: Between Yin And Yang.

http://video.mtime.com/72843/?mid=247293
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• More JC movies are on the way (as well as Sammo) from Eureka. Over at KFF, they are saying the tentative 2019 releases are going to be:

• Wheels on Meals
          • Hand of Death/Last Hurrah for Chivalry (box set)
          • Eastern Condors/Magnificent Butcher/Iron Fisted Monk
          • Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain

as well as another King Hu with The Fate of Lee Khan.

Comment

• Eastern Condors/Magnificent Butcher/Iron Fisted Monk
            Magnificent Butcher on a nice Blu-ray would make me very, very happy - one of Sammo's best.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Polygon has the trailer, poster and schedule for Janus Films release of Police Story & Police Story 2

Comment

• Stoked for the Criterion release!
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  Stoked for the Criterion release!
                  I doubt there will be much improvement on the Eureka releases of Police Story 1 & 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Stoked for the Criterion release!
                    I can only hope they fix the shit Ritrovata color grading on PS II but I doubt it since I recall Eureka claimed they were hamstrung legally from doing anything about it. Of course, the whole mono audio issue but that whole 'nother can of worms.

Comment

• I hope they can source an HD master for the HK theatrical cut of Police Story 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                        I hope they can source an HD master for the HK theatrical cut of Police Story 2
                        So do you think there is any reason not to wait for the Criterion releases and just pick up the Eureka on the cheap? The extras will always be a Criterion strong suit but as far as PQ, since David Mackenzie is involved, it might favor Eureka? Over at KFF and other sites, they always laud the encoding work of David MacKenzie as the best in the business considering his past work for Arrow, MoC, BFI, Studio Canal, etc.
                        Last edited by 47lab; 12-28-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• If you are region free, can't think of a reason to wait. Unless you want a region A release. (Although, honestly, they likely will look similar in motion. The obsession people on forums have with zoomed in screencaps is silly.) But, I believe the Eureka only has a PAL speed SD master of the original HK cut of Part 2 (which is why I mentioned that I Criterion hope is able to create their own HD master of that cut, which is something that Eureka couldn't afford to do.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                            If you are region free, can't think of a reason to wait. Unless you want a region A release. (Although, honestly, they likely will look similar in motion. The obsession people on forums have with zoomed in screencaps is silly.) But, I believe the Eureka only has a PAL speed SD master of the original HK cut of Part 2 (which is why I mentioned that I Criterion hope is able to create their own HD master of that cut, which is something that Eureka couldn't afford to do.)
                            Good point.

Comment

• The ONLYU point in double dipping is if the Criterion release has something that the Eureka release doesn't have ie preferablly Police Story 2 (HK Cut) in HD.

Comment

• Anyone pickup Jackie's book yet?

https://newrepublic.com/article/1528...ng-jackie-chan

I kinda want to get this.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X