No announcement yet.

The Jackie Chan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how in Jackie's first US film, The Big Brawl, he's all over Kristine DeBelle (and who can blame him?), but subsequently he's had little to no chemistry with his leading ladies.

Comment

• The huge age difference between him and his leading ladies doesnt help either!!

GORGEOUS with Shu Qi was the first really awkward one I remember seeing where the age difference was like wtf!!!

Comment

• Twilight Time just announced this:

SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW (1978) / DRUNKEN MASTER (1978) BLU-RAY - June 13th
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some info on the upcoming release of The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and.... Pierce Brosnan? Martin Campbell directs.

Huh.

http://cityonfire.com/jackie-chan-to...the-foreigner/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            Some info on the upcoming release of The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and.... Pierce Brosnan? Martin Campbell directs.

Huh.

http://cityonfire.com/jackie-chan-to...the-foreigner/
            Always happy to see Chan release something..even though I am usually not that happy to actually watch them!!!

Interesting for that reporter to.mention that Chan might be doing a Loam Neeson type shift in his movies..kicking more ass..but in a more realistic (and hopefully violent ) way.It would be a good move..the guy is over 60!!

Comment

• I saw Skiptrace, with Jackie and Johnny Knoxville. It was classic Jackie, with the same setup/formula etc like in his best era, only this one was completely awful. Not one likeable thing about it. Complete and utter shit, actually.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                I saw Skiptrace, with Jackie and Johnny Knoxville. It was classic Jackie, with the same setup/formula etc like in his best era, only this one was completely awful. Not one likeable thing about it. Complete and utter shit, actually.
                I agree..even though the opening set piece on the floating houses loiked great and classic on paper..in the movie it was just flat and boring....

Western directors cannot reproduce classic Jackie...no matter how good everything else seems to be..just not possible..even CHAN himself has trouble recreating gis own stuff...see Chinese Zodiac for example...

Would like to see Jackie in a serious violent movie ala Liam Neesons more recent stuff..would be great I think...

Comment

• Just watched Drunken Master yesterday for the first time. Previously, the only Jackie Chan movies I had seen were Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour 2 and maybe Shanghai Nights (Knights?), haha! Drunken Master was a little more comedic than I wanted it to be but I was definitely impressed by young Jackie Chan. Pretty amazing. Looking forward to watching other old films of his!
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    Just watched Drunken Master yesterday for the first time. Previously, the only Jackie Chan movies I had seen were Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour 2 and maybe Shanghai Nights (Knights?), haha! Drunken Master was a little more comedic than I wanted it to be but I was definitely impressed by young Jackie Chan. Pretty amazing. Looking forward to watching other old films of his!
                    Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals should provide perfect follow ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Takuma View Post
                      Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals should provide perfect follow ups.
                      I may have actually watched Police Story or one of the sequels. I don't remember it though so maybe I should watch it again!
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• This was crazy...

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Takuma View Post
                          I like POLICE STORY 2 as much as the first picture in the series.

I think my first Jackie Chan picture was ARMOUR OF GOD, back in the late 1980s. DRAGONS FOREVER is probably one of my favourite of his 1980s films though.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Press release for the upcoming DVD release of Kung Fu Yoga.

KUNG FU YOGA

On Digital 31st July, and on Blu-Ray and DVD 7th August

Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment / Well Go USA

Starring Jackie Chan

Fast Sell:

It's Raiders Of The Lost Ark Jackie Chan-style, with a dash of Bollywood, as the unstoppable film legend hunts for treasure in this flat-out fun, all-action, globe-trotting comedy caper.

Synopsis:

World-renowned archaeology professor Jack and his
                            team are on a grand quest to locate a lost ancient
                            Indian treasure, when they are ambushed by a team of mercenaries and left for dead. Using his vast knowledge of history and kung fu, Jack leads his team on a race around the world to beat the mercenaries to the treasure, and to save an ancient culture.

We like it because:

Move over Kung Fu Panda, it's time for KUNG FU YOGA! Don't worry, it's not some kind of new-fangled exercise fad, but irrepressible martial arts superstar Jackie Chan's latest, that sees him reuniting with Supercop and Rumble

In The Bronx director Stanley Tong, for this all out action caper, featuring superb fight scenes, motorcycle chases, ice caves, hidden treasures and a Bollywood-style set piece finale. As the Los Angeles Times says, 'good luck trying to stop that goofy smile from spreading across your face'.

KUNG FU YOGA is family friendly fun, a mix of Bollywood exoticism and action comedy antics, showcasing veteran movie legend Chan's incredible martial arts skills and impeccable comic timing. Filmed in China, Dubai, India and Iceland, this is a must for fans of the National Treasure films and Chan's Around the World In 80 Days and Shanghai Knights.

Hot quotes:

“Silly old-school Jackie Chan fun, with a globe-hopping plot supplying exotic scenery” The Hollywood Reporter

“A family-friendly reminder that Master Chan still has a trick or two up his sleeve” Screen Anarchy

“As the leading man, Chan keeps the ball rolling with an assortment of neat acrobatic tricks and martial arts sparring” Variety

Click image for larger version

Name:	KUNG_FU_YOGA_DVD_SLV_V0d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	352481
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Insert booklet art for the Twilight Time release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18814287_1589820997703227_8090244333397203839_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	352498
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                Insert booklet art for the Twilight Time release.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18094[/ATTACH]
                                I'm tempted to wait to see if MoC will eventually release SITES. Even though the MoC release turned off some fans of DM due to not including the original English dub, it's still preferable to this TT release since TT is filling in the missing Canto/mandarin audio with the English dub?! Plus it's just a bare bones release too.

Comment

Working...
                                X