The Studio Ghibli - Miyazaki Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Studio Ghibli - Miyazaki Thread

I know a lot of people go nuts for the Ghibli stuff.

Castle In The Sky and Whisper Of The Heart are both coming to Blu-ra 5/22/12.

I think so far Ponyo is the only one on Blu-ray for Region A?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

To coincide with their blu-ray release of "The Secret World of Arrietty", which I haven't seen yet.

Comment

It's really really good, Brian. The best Ghibli film since The Cat Returns (2002), in my opinion.
      www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

It's nice that they picked these two films for Blu. After SPIRITED AWAY, I believe they are the best two Ghibli films.
        www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Wonder if there will be original audio tracks. I hate these teeny bopper fill-ins.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

The Ponyo Blu-ray had a Japanese language track option, didn't it?
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Bougie View Post
              It's really really good, Brian. The best Ghibli film since The Cat Returns (2002), in my opinion.
              Great! A lot of people seemed to have liked it a lot. I'll definitely be getting the blu-ray.

Comment

From Den Of Geek:

"A few weeks ago, we reported on the next two movies set to emerge from Japan's eminent animation house, Studio Ghibli. Although those titles were essentially educated guesses based on website acquisitions, those guesses have turned out to be entirely accurate; Ghibli's founder artists, Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata will be working on the studio's next to movies, respectively called The Wind Is Rising and The Tale Of Princess Kaguya."

Click image for larger version

Name:	ghibli-2_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	342152

Name:	ghibli-1.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	342153
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Secret World was great, have never seen Castle in the Sky or Whisper of the Heart, tempted to pick them both up for my girlfriend this Xmas.

Love the poster for The Tale Of Princess Kaguya too.

Comment

Just to warn you, Disney's Castle in the Sky release doesn't have proper subtitles, only dubtitles.

Comment

I don't mind the dubs actually, but I know I'm in the minority there.

Comment

From ComingSoon.net:

ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at the poster for the North American release of Studio Ghibli's From Up on Poppy Hill, releasing in New York and Los Angeles theaters on March 15 before expanding wider on March 29. The film is directed by Goro Miyazaki from a script by Hayao Miyazaki.

Set in Yokohama in 1963, the hand-drawn film centers on Umi (voiced by Sarah Bolger) and Shun (voiced by Anton Yelchin) and the budding romance that develops as they join forces to save their high school's ramshackle clubhouse from demolition. The story takes place in a Japan that is picking itself up from the devastation of World War II and preparing to host the 1964 Olympics - and the mood is one of both optimism and conflict as the new generation struggles to embrace modernity and throw off the shackles of a troubled past.

The top-grossing Japanese release of 2011 and winner of the Japan Academy Prize for Animation, From Up on Poppy Hill captures the innocence of new love as well as the beauty of Yokohama's harbor and lush surroundings. With its rich color palette, stunning exteriors, sun-drenched gardens, bustling cityscapes and painterly detail, From Up on Poppy Hill provides a pure, sincere, and nuanced evocation of the past, and marks yet another creative triumph for Studio Ghibli.

The English-language version is also voiced by Gillian Anderson, Beau Bridges, Jamie Lee Curtis, Bruce Dern, Jeff Dunham, Isabelle Fuhrman, Christina Hendricks, Ron Howard, Chris Noth, Emily Osment, Aubrey Plaza, Charlie Saxton and Alex Wolff.

Name:	fromuponpoppyhillsmall.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	342383
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

These are coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13.

Howl's Moving Castle

My Neighbor Totoro

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My Neighbor Totoro is so great, can't wait to have this on BR. A terrific cartoon to watch stoned btw.

Comment

Porco Rosso is getting an English friendly release in Japan on Blu-ray. Only $78.00!

http://www.yesasia.com/porco-rosso-b...0-en/info.html

Name:	l_p0025087823.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	342897
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X