Yes, Madam (1985)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Madam (1985)

Just finished watching this one, which I thought it was good, but not amazing though. It did have some pretty awesome fight scenes and stunts by Rothrock and Yeoh. Overall, I'd recommended it even if some parts are bogged down by two of the slapstick characters, along with the blatant overuse of the Halloween score (of course they didn't get the rights ^_^) which grates my nerves. Although, I must say the ending takes a surprising serious turn from the rest of the film adding another positive. If you want to see it-it's available on Netflix.

Now a few questions:

Both IMDB and Wikipedia list this as coming out in Hong Kong in 1985, although the copyright says 1987 at the end the film. The alternate title lists this as In the Line of Duty II even though the first In the Line of Duty (aka Royal Warriors) came out in 1986. Was Yes, Madam changed to In the Line of Duty II on video after Royal Warriors was a success, and was Royal changed to make it seem like a series with Madam because sequels were popular?

Also, do any of the future 'In the Lines' (There are 7) have anything to do with each other?

Jesus, this series is more confusing than the whole Zombi title fiasco.

Been a while since I've seen this, but I remember being pleasantly surprised at the way in which Rothrock adapted herself to the HK acting style, what a trouper!

Comment

I don't know who actully came up with the "In the Line of Duty" moniker but initially it was entirely made to lump these films together for the English dubbed markets. And in some places #5 was released as #2, and in some OTHER markets there were sequels to YES, MADAM! (in name only). And in Germany they retitled the films "Ultra Force" and the sequels were completey different films!

Yes, YES, MADAM! was made before ROYAL WARRORS altho they're swapped around in the LINE series.

And, finally; No, none of the films have anything to do with each other. They were ALL released as individual films in HK when they first came out. EXCEPT... #3!! Part 3 is the only film that was made as an entry to the LINE series. Very strange to have a series where number 3 is the only true entry. But that's Hong Kong for ya. LOL.

Michelle Khan (Yeoh) is only in #1 and 2. Cynthia Khan is in the other entries.
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
      X