Chow Yun Fat in Let The Bullets Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chow Yun Fat in Let The Bullets Fly

It's been a while since Chow Yun Fat was super rad, but it looks like he might be getting back into that territory with Let The Bullets Fly.

US distributor Well Go USA just uploaded a keen clip:

I didn't even realize this came out in 2010, went completely under my radar. The IMDB says:

"Set in China during the warring 1920s, notorious bandit chief Zhang descends upon a remote provincial town posing as its new mayor, an identity that he had hijacked from Old Tang, himself a small-time imposter. Hell-bent on making a fast buck, Zhang soon meets his match in the tyrannical local gentry Huang as a deadly battle of wit and brutality ensues."

Reviews are all over the place on this one but more positive than negative. Has anyone seen it yet? WGU is putting it into theaters soon and then I assume it'll hit DVD/Blu shortly after.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Man, i hope so. My last experience with Well Go was unfortunately the Better Tomorrow remake, so I'd like to see them redeem themselves with something super-rad and somewhat original.

Comment

They've released lots of good stuff recently, actually. War Of The Arrows kicked ass. Yakuza Weapon was ok, Ocean Heaven was well done. And they brought the 1st two Ip Man movies to Blu.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well Go's press release:

PLANO, TEXAS. (March 12, 2012) - Legendary Asian superstar Chow Yun-Fan (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Bulletproof Monk), Ge You (Farewell My Concubine, If You Are the One 2) and Jiang Wen (The Lost Bladesman) team up to star in China's biggest domestic box office hit Let the Bullets Fly, debuting on Blu-rayâ„¢ and DVD April 24th from Well Go USA Entertainment. Critically-lauded around the globe for its stunning mix of dark comedy and eye-popping violence, the action-comedy was nominated for nine Golden Horse (2011) awards, including Best Film, Best Director and Best Actor (Chow Yun-Fat). In China in the warring 1920s, notorious bandit chief Zhang (Jiang Wen) descends on a remote town posing as its new mayor, an identity that he hijacked. Hell-bent on making a fast buck, he soon meets his match, the tyrannical crazy local Huang (Chow Yun-Fat) as a deadly battle of wit and brutality ensues. Bonus features include a behind-the-scenes featurette, interview with the actors, deleted scenes and an optional new English dub.

Synopsis:
        In the lawless land that is rural China in the 1920s, legendary bandit “Pocky” Zhang (Jiang Wen) and his gang stage a train robbery. They are quite unhappy to discover that instead of silver, the only thing left on the train is the con man, Tang (Ge You). Desperate, Tang explains that he's on his way to Goose Town, where he's bought himself a governorship. If allowed to live, he will help Zhang assume the governorship in his place … where Zhang can make more money in one month as a corrupt politician than he can in a year's worth of train robberies. With Tang as his prisoner/counselor, off they go. But neither realizes that Goose Town is already under the iron rule of the wealthy Master Huang (Chow Yun- Fat), whose charming exterior conceals a ruthless, conniving crime lord. As Zhang begins to see how badly Huang oppresses the citizens of Goose Town, he decides to do something about it, and Huang quickly senses a major threat to his empire. Thus begins an escalating series of hyper-violent (and hilarious) mind games between the bandit and the crime lord, while the devious Tang tries to play both sides until he can exit the situation … preferably with a profit. The stakes quickly rise to ludicrous proportions in this masterfully vicious, pitch-black action-comedy (China's highest grossing film of all time), and you'll be laughing the entire time as double- and triple-crosses, razor-sharp wordplay, and hundreds of thousands of bullets explode across the screen.

Bonus Features Include:
        • Making of Featurette
        • New English Dub
        • Deleted Scenes
        • Actor Interviews
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

City On Fire says that there's a sequel to this one in the works.

"Variety reports that Columbia is co-producing Gone with the Bullets, which is currently being shot in 3D. The film will be released in December of 2014. Sony has secured international rights."

More at the Variety link here.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
          X