Ebola Syndrome (Vinegar Syndrome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola Syndrome (Vinegar Syndrome)

Vinegar Syndrome have released Herman Yau's classic on UHD. The first Cat III film to be released on UHD.

Kai is a violent fugitive on the run from the law. Making his way from Hong Kong to South Africa, he begins a new life working at a small Chinese restaurant. When he joins his boss on a work trip through the African savanna, he encounters a remote African tribe afflicted with the Ebola virus. After attacking a young woman from the tribe, he contracts the virus, but to his surprise, he discovers that he's immune to the deadly disease. His ruthlessness emboldened, Kai returns to Hong Kong, thus setting into motion a blood spewing and bodily fluids oozing nightmare!

One of the most shocking and notorious Category III films, Herman Yau's (The Untold Story) EBOLA SYNDROME is a delectably grotesque and darkly comedic splatter film masterwork and stars Hong Kong cult film superstar, Anthony Wong (Hard Boiled), in one of his most outrageous performances. For years almost impossible to find in its uncut form, Vinegar Syndrome is delighted to present the worldwide UHD debut of EBOLA SYNDROME, newly scanned and restored in 4K from its original 35mm camera negative and finally fully uncut for the first time on English friendly home video.

directed by: Herman Yau
    starring: Anthony Wong, Yeung-Ming Wan, Fui-On Shing, Meng Lo, Miu-Ying Chan, Tsui-Ling Wong
    1996 / 100 min / 1.85:1 / Cantonese Mono with English subtitles

Additional info:

Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray Set
    4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
    Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
    Brand new introduction by director Herman Yau
    Brand new interview with Herman Yau
    “Cantonese with Dr. Yau” - a brand new featurette with Herman Yau on the difficulties of translating Cantonese into English
    Archival interview with Herman Yau and actor Anthony Wong
    Archival commentary track with Herman Yau and Anthony Wong
    Brand new commentary track with film historian and author Samm Deighan
    Reversible cover artwork
    Newly translated English subtitles

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    ...finally fully uncut for the first time on English friendly home video.
    Sounds perfect so far. I hope they deliver.

Comment

Ordered!!!!
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

No-hesitation purchase.

Comment

Wow! Haven't seen this in years. Got the old Japan Shock dvd with the amazing tagline - «This wasn't murder, it was war.» So I really need an upgrade. Given the situation in the world right now, this might be more scary than ever.

Comment

Between Unearthed and Vinegar Syndrome, it would be fucking awesome to see more Category III releases. Her Vengeance, Robotrix, Dr. Lamb, Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky, Love To Kill, Run and Kill, Daughters of Darkness and Naked Killer would all be instant purchases for me.

Comment

Same.

Comment

If they can find and use the actual uncut camera negatives, sure! I don't think Riki-Oh or Robotrix were ever cut in any way and those got a few BD releases already. Dr. Lamb had an uncut German DVD that I'd love to upgrade for a quality BD with some extras. Actual uncut releases of Her Vengeance and Daughter of Darkness would blow my mind. The only good thing about Naked Killer were the posters, so maybe if a BD would come with huge reproductions of those I'd be down. And since we're on the subject, where the hell is that 4K UHD of Men Behind the Sun we were promised?

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                  Ordered!!!!
                  Delivered!!!!!
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I watched it tonight, a fine looking UHD. I hadn't seen it uncut before. I still think it loses steam in the final act, but I can't fault the first hour for jaw dropping politically incorect button pushing.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Would be all over HD uncuts of HER VENGEANCE and both DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS films. Also LOVE TO KILL.

An HD DR. LAMB is in the works.

Comment

Mine should be arriving tomorrow!

I'd love to see Red to Kill, Run and Kill, Daughter of Darkness, Naked Killer and Raped by an Angel on BD! These films need to be saved before the communists destroy the negatives and pretend they never existed.

Comment

So agree, Takuma. The CCP is very practiced at erasing history.

How about a BD of Dennis Yu's THE BEASTS, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
                            Mine should be arriving tomorrow!

I'd love to see Red to Kill, Run and Kill, Daughter of Darkness, Naked Killer and Raped by an Angel on BD! These films need to be saved before the communists destroy the negatives and pretend they never existed.
                            I'm assuming they already have.

Comment

Impressed with the 4K.
                              And quite a few new "uncut" additions to this version.

Comment

Working...
                              X