Category III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
    Is there a version of WTMM with English subs?
    Not that I'm aware of. I have the DVD but I didn't watch it when I realised it didn't have subs. Is it a sleazy masterpiece? If so I'll watch it anyway.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post

It would EASILY get a CAT III now.
      Actually, I would say it's neither CAT II nor III. It's from 1984, four years before the rating system was introduced. I'm fully aware that film fans in the West (and English Wiki!!) like to call some of these films "Cat III" because it makes them sound more extreme, and that Hong Kong Movie Data Base has listed it as CAT II, but I've just checked the official Hong Kong Film Archive and they haven't listed a rating at all - neither in their English nor Chinese entries. They usually do when there is one.
      https://mcms.lcsd.gov.hk/FAMS_ipac/c...55371393612805

And yes, TAXI HUNTER is CAT II. I saw a bootlegger who had included it in his CAT III bootleg collection. And had the mainland Chinese flag on the cover. :cuckoo:
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
        Is there a version of WTMM with English subs?
        There is a laserdisc rip with fan subs. I own two versions, the laserdisc and the mp4 file with the subs.

Comment

Dunno about top10, but 10 great ones

The Big Heat (maybe not CAT III, used to be on imdb or hkmdb but not any longer it seems)
          Naked Killer
          Escape from Brothel
          The Untold Story
          Rock on Fire
          The Peeping Tom
          Intruder
          Daughter of Darkness
          Ebola Syndrome
          Naked Poison

Comment

I always liked FATAL VACATION but Yu Sin Man's recent-ish revelations about the rape scene in that film leave me with a queasy feeling about revisiting that specific picture.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by ropo1 View Post
              Dunno about top10, but 10 great ones

The Big Heat (maybe not CAT III, used to be on imdb or hkmdb but not any longer it seems)
              Naked Killer
              Escape from Brothel
              The Untold Story
              Rock on Fire
              The Peeping Tom
              Intruder
              Daughter of Darkness
              Ebola Syndrome
              Naked Poison
              The Big Heat (1988) is on IMDB & it has been re-rated Cat IIB

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099248/

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
                A Chinese Torture Chamber Story I don't particularly like, a very mean spirited film though it does star a veery cute girl.
                Yes, Yvonne Yung. Then they used her and a totally undeserved Cat III rating to trick us into buying the lame Spike Drink Gang.

I have the VCD of Water Tank Murder Mystery and it has no subs.

Comment

Top Cat III's...

UNTOLD STORY
                  DR LAMB
                  RUN AND KILL
                  STORY OF RICKY
                  LOVE TO KILL
                  RED TO KILL
                  THE BEASTS
                  MEN BEHIND THE SUN
                  FATAL VACATION
                  DUMPLINGS
                  DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS
                  EBOLA SYNDROME

Comment

I don't get the love for Dr. Lamb. It's an excessively mediocre film. A better film, that I sadly forgot to mention, is The Underground Banker with Anthony Wong. That movie acts as a parody of the CAT III genre at the time, referencing Wong's role in Untold Story/Ebola Syndrome and there's an ex serial killer called Dr. Lamb. It has it's own fair share of brutality as well and it definitely needs to be watched.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Has anyone seen the Cat. III version of Trilogy of Lust? I can only assume it is a cut soft core version and not the full cut? Certainly one of the weirdest and nastiest HK films that I've seen, I'm guessing that's due to TF Mou co-directing. It certainly tops my list if it counts as Cat. III in its full strength version.

Are there any other hard core HK films out there, I can only assume they're mostly made for foreign markets if there are?

Comment

I torrented a composited uncut version of Trilogy of Lust. It's the only film Mou regretted being involved in. And that's coming from the guy who directed Man Behind the Sun!

I'm watching Trilogy of Lust right now: the full uncut version and it seems like it was trying to be a boundary pushing vanity piece with explicit fuck shots. Some Mou moments are still there, like the flashback to Julie Lee as a child being fed a bloody fish in front of a Mao poster while her parents are dead. Politically incorrect as only a CAT III film can be. A large portion of the movie is dedicated to fuck scenes and strange symbolism with fish. I can understand why Mou disowned it.
                        Alex K.
                        Last edited by Alex K.; 09-03-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          Has anyone seen the Cat. III version of Trilogy of Lust? I can only assume it is a cut soft core version and not the full cut? Certainly one of the weirdest and nastiest HK films that I've seen, I'm guessing that's due to TF Mou co-directing. It certainly tops my list if it counts as Cat. III in its full strength version.

Are there any other hard core HK films out there, I can only assume they're mostly made for foreign markets if there are?

Kung Fu Cock Fighter (1976)
                          Impetus Fire (Hu Hwa, 1988)
                          Impetus Fire 2 (Hu Hwa, 1990)
                          Mind Fuck (Mah Wu Tu, 1990)
                          Ghoul Sex Squad (Mah Wu Tu, 1991) - Albeit it's Taiwanese

There are some more but I can't remember any names & most come from or were made in Taiwan.

Comment

Good to know Taxi Hunter is Category II and not III.

I apparently need to check out Love To Kill. What's the story behind Fatal Vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post
                              Good to know Taxi Hunter is Category II and not III.

I apparently need to check out Love To Kill. What's the story behind Fatal Vacation?
                              Fatal Vacation is a very fun action-sploitation flick. A bunch of tourists are kidnapped by terrorists and have to fight back and escape. Fun as hell movie.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                                Kung Fu Cock Fighter (1976)
                                Impetus Fire (Hu Hwa, 1988)
                                Impetus Fire 2 (Hu Hwa, 1990)
                                Mind Fuck (Mah Wu Tu, 1990)
                                Ghoul Sex Squad (Mah Wu Tu, 1991) - Albeit it's Taiwanese

There are some more but I can't remember any names & most come from or were made in Taiwan.
                                Kung Fu Cock Fighter sounds like something I need to watch from the reviews!

Comment

Working...
                                X