Gold Ninja Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Ninja Video

Looks like they've got a few interesting releasing in the works...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EdkniVEWkAcwGGx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	371282

This one was noted on twitter as being a 3-disc set...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EdSmmviX0AEZiPD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	371283
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Club Havana is the Easter egg on the Bluebeard disc.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I wonder if NINJA VORTEX is going to be a Godfrey Ho mixtape or something. Very intriguing.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        I wonder if NINJA VORTEX is going to be a Godfrey Ho mixtape or something. Very intriguing.
        There's nothing confirmed, but he has made reference on Twitter to a 90 minute ninja trailer compilation, plus mentioned these Godfrey Ho movies in passing, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were included:

Ninja Thunderbolt
        Ninja, Force of Assassins
        Princess Madam
        The Dragon, the Hero

With Easter eggs there are often three films or more on a disc, so it could be nine+. That's some bargain 'hos right there!
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

No doubt it'll be an essential set.

Comment

Pre-orders are up.

https://goldninjavideo.com/15-5-blu-...ends-treasury/

Ninja Terminators. Killer Crocodiles. Invincible Fighters. A Garfield Phone.

Just another day in the mind-melting world of Writer/Director Godfrey Ho and friends.

Gold Ninja Video is proud to present an unmissable nine movie journey through the career of Godfrey and his producing partners Joseph Lai and Tomas Tang, which is equal parts mesmerizing, exciting, and absolutely mystifying. This 3-Disc set brings together exploding ninjas, gunslinging women badasses, and the great Dragon Lee alongside exclusive special features which include four commentary tracks, featurettes exploring the history of the core creative trio, and an 85-minute trailer reel of movies that have ninja in the title.

MOVIES INCLUDED ON THE NINJA VORTEX (3 DISCS!):

Ninja Terminator: The Supreme Ninja Warrior Motion Picture

The Dragon, The Hero: Godfrey Ho directs Dragon Lee and super kicker John Liu in old-school martial arts gold that's 100% pure Godfrey!

The Paris Killers Godfrey Ho's first feature film as director shot guerilla-style on the streets of Paris!

The Super Ninja: A bananas modern-day Taiwanese brain frier about ninjas in the U. S of A.

Invincible Obsessed Fighter: A relentless South Korean beat-em-up that's one of the best films to star South Korean Jackie Chan imitator Elton Chong!

Crocodile Fury: Killer crocodiles. Hopping vampires. A befuddled white guy dressed as a soldier. What else do you need?

Golden Queen's Commando: An eyepatch rocking Brigitte Lin leads a team of female criminals on a rollicking women-on-a-mission adventure directed by the man who gave the world Jackie Chan's FANTASY MISSION FORCE!

Operation Pink Force: The exact same team that made GOLDEN QUEEN COMMANDO reunite for a Martial Arts Western and it's even crazier than their first go around!

King of Kickboxers: The trend that followed the Ninja wave may not sound as exciting, but this cut-n-paste number is mostly made up of Director/Star Panna Rittikrai's (BORN TO FIGHT) jaw-dropping action film THAI POLICE STORY.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Liner Notes by Justin Decloux

DISC 1: THE GODFREY HO COLLECTION

Commentary on NINJA TERMINATOR by No Such Thing as a Bad Movie (April Etmanski, Colin Cunningham, and Justin Decloux)

A Beginner's Guide to Cut-n-Paste: A Video Primer

The Paradox of Godfrey Ho: A Video Essay

Commentary on THE DRAGON, THE HERO by The Important Cinema Club (Will Sloan and Justin Decloux)

DISC 2: THE JOSEPH LAI COLLECTION

Commentary on GOLDEN QUEEN'S COMMANDO by Carlo Vanstiphout (Back Row Cinema Blog) and Justin Decloux

The Triumph of Joseph Lai: A Video Essay

The Director's of Godfrey Ho: A Video Primer

The Shadow of Betty Chan: A Video Essay.

DISC 3: THE TOMAS TANG COLLECTION

Commentary on THE SUPER NINJA by Alex Chung (Filmmaker and Stunt Artist) and Justin Decloux

The Mystery of Tomas Tang: A Video Essay

The Never-Ending Ninja: An Ninja Trailer Reel

ABOUT THE TRANSFERS:

Eagle Claw Classics series is dedicated to preserving and celebrating widely available, but little respected, martial arts cinema. The films on these discs are not new scans and they have not been remastered, but efforts have been made to present them in the most visually pleasing manner with available elements.

-------------

Gold Ninja Video and The Important Cinema Club Bargain Bin Classics are proud to present the wildest slice of Brucesploitation the world has ever seen: THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN (1977)

https://goldninjavideo.com/1-the-dragon-lives-again/

BRUCE LEE GOES TO HELL!

Bruce Leung (Kung Fu Hustle) stars as Lee, who, after his untimely death, finds himself stranded in the underworld. Bruce quickly runs afoul of a gang of extremely famous characters but also strikes up a friendship with the world's most famous sailor man. Copyright infringements abound in this one-of-a-kind cult classic, presented here lovingly unrestored and packed with bonus features.

Featuring Dracula, The Man With No Name, The Godfather, Emanuelle, The One-Armed Swordsman, The Exorcist, Zatoichi and a bunch of disco skeletons.

THIS LOVINGLY CRAFTED BLU-RAY RELEASE INCLUDES:

- A feature-length commentary track by Justin Decloux and Will Sloan on THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN

- A Beginner's Guide to Brucesploitation (18 mins)

- BRUCESPLOITATION EXPLOSION: An 80-minute Brucesploitation trailer reel

-A full-length bonus film: FIST OF FEAR, TOUCH OF DEATH (1980) in WIDESCREEN.

ABOUT THE TRANSFERS:

The Important Cinema Club Bargain Bin Classics series is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classic cinema the way it looked in dollar-store bargain-bins in the early-2000s. The films are cropped in glorious 1.33:1 in the same scan we and many other audiences first encountered it. However, efforts have been made to correct distortions in the original VHS transfer when possible, which include presenting the opening credit sequence in widescreen.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ninja Vortex and Dragon Lives Again are shipping now. I had the 1st press of Dragon so I didn't bother with the repress as it looks like just the cover art changed, but my copy of Vortex is on its way and I'm pretty damn excited about that.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I got my shipping notification on Tuesday. This is gonna be an epic set.

Comment

Is this a reliable label?

Comment

looks like glorified bootlegs if anything

Comment

It's SD content on BD-Rs, they're 100% upfront about that. If you read the descriptions you know what you're getting, don't expect restored transfers here.

They do load the discs up with extras though, some of which are great.

As to being bootlegs, I'm honestly not sure. I know at least some of the titles are public domain but don't know about all of them.

That said, they're reliable in that you won't have any trouble getting your order from them.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Thanks ordered, had to grab DRAGON LIVES AGAIN as it's a really wild Brucesploitation film. This label looks pretty cool, I've been on a huge Godfrey Ho watching spree and these will keep that train going.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          It's SD content on BD-Rs, they're 100% upfront about that. If you read the descriptions you know what you're getting, don't expect restored transfers here.

They do load the discs up with extras though, some of which are great.

As to being bootlegs, I'm honestly not sure. I know at least some of the titles are public domain but don't know about all of them.

That said, they're reliable in that you won't have any trouble getting your order from them.
                          Did you get it Ian? Could you post a picture of the set and discs per chance?

Comment

I don't have it yet but I will once it arrives.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My copy of Ninja Vortex arrived today, I'll get some caps up once I have the time.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X