Arrow releasing both Fukasaku & Miike's Graveyard of Honor on Blu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tetrapak View Post
    I am actually thinking about reversing the cover of the Fukasaku film, giving the Miike film away to some friend and throwing away the box

-----------------------------------------> just kidding, I simply agree they could release it a single film and maybe adding the Miike film as an extra in the Fukasaku disc, just like they did with "Trapped in Lust" in the "Branded To Kill" release.
    ehe!

I just kept the old trusty tinbox of battles but didn't those get singlereleases eventually? hoping it will be the same case here.

Comment

If I recall correctly, they only did a single release of the first Battles

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        If I recall correctly, they only did a single release of the first Battles
        all the 5 films in the original "Battles" boxset had single releases (but they were other times, nowadays I doubt they will do the same this time around)

Comment

Glad to see some love for Kinji Fukaaku here. I'm really hoping they release Yakuza Graveyard and Sympathy for the Underdog next. Would also love the Yagyu Conspiracy (Shoguns Samurai) as well. Honestly surprised that Virus hasn't gotten a US release yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ropo1 View Post
            Still haven't seen Ceremony of Disbanding (1967) 解散式, pretty sure it doesn't have a fansub yet though
            It's pretty good, though a very un-Fukasaku like film.
            - http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...l=1#post200391

Not to be confused with Gambler: Ceremony of Disbanding (1968) which I though was one of Fukasaku's few boring films.

Comment

Originally posted by tetrapak View Post
              all the 5 films in the original "Battles" boxset had single releases (but they were other times, nowadays I doubt they will do the same this time around)
              Yeah, instead of issuing individual releases, they seem to be re-issuing boxsets without the booklet.

Comment

Agree. The best of all the Fukasaku yakuza films. Superior to STREET MOBSTER and BATTLES series.

Comment

Working...
                X