A Bittersweet Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bittersweet Life

This is getting a Blu-ray release in Germany and it looks like it's from a new 2k scan.

https://www.pretz-media.at/de/search...ited+Mediabook

Click image for larger version

Name:	bit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	370216

Can't find confirmation on if it'll have English subtitles or not so I'm guessing no but if this were to get an English-friendly reissue on Blu I'd grab it. I've still got the old Korean DVD.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'd be all over this, too, if it has English subs. Amazing movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      This is getting a Blu-ray release in Germany and it looks like it's from a new 2k scan.

https://www.pretz-media.at/de/search...ited+Mediabook

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24895[/ATTACH]

Can't find confirmation on if it'll have English subtitles or not so I'm guessing no but if this were to get an English-friendly reissue on Blu I'd grab it. I've still got the old Korean DVD.
      Since the previous German BD ONLY had German subs I'm guessing this will probably be the same.

Comment

Umbrella are releasing this in April.

Umbrella Entertainment proudly presents this modern classic on Blu-ray from a brand new 4K restoration.
        This Collector's Edition is only Available from the Umbrella webstore

A Bittersweet Life Collector's Edition includes

Custom artwork slipcase
        A Bittersweet Life - A Collection of Interviews, Experiences & Art - 48pp perfect bound book
        8 artcards
        A3 reversible poster
        Limited edition numbered release
        He felt he made the right choice...But the world had already become his enemy. From acclaimed Korean director Kim Jee Woon (A TALE OF TWO SISTERS, I SAW THE DEVIL) comes the Neo-Noir classic, A BITTERSWEET LIFE.Sun-woo (Lee Byung Hun) is not just the manager of an elegant upscale restaurant in Seoul, he is also the trusted and loyal right-hand man for underworld figure Kang (Kim Young Chul). When Kang suspects his young girlfriend, Hee-soo (Shin Mina), of being unfaithful, he orders Sun-woo to take care of the problem. When Sun-woo discovers Hee-soo with her lover, instead of killing her as ordered, he grants them mercy and let's them go. Now, Sun-woo is being hunted down by those he once considered brothers, and must battle his way through his own gang on a path to a final confrontation with Kang.

Director: Kim Jee Woon
        Cast: Hwang Jung Min; Kim Roi Ha; Kim Young Chul; Lee Byung Hun; Shin Mina

Extras:
        Only Available from the Umbrella webstore
        A Bittersweet Life Collector's Edition includes

Custom artwork slipcase
        A Bittersweet Life - A Collection of Interviews, Experiences & Art - 48pp perfect bound book
        8 artcards
        A3 reversible poster
        Limited edition numbered release

Audio commentary by director Kim Jee Woon and and cast members Kim Young Chul and Lee Byung Hun
        Audio commentary by director Kim Jee Woon, director of photography Kim Ji-yong and set designer Ryu Seong-hie
        Audio commentary by director Kim Jee Woon and film critic Lee Dong-jin
        "Making of A Bittersweet Life" featurette
        "Style of A Bittersweet Life" featurettes
        "Tell Me Why?" featurette
        Deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary
        A Bittersweet Life in Cannes
        "Sweet Sleep" music video
        Music video
        Teaser
        Trailer
        TV-Spot
        No. of discs: 1