No announcement yet.

John Woo THE KILLER custom from HKR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes. Sucks that his business expanded way quicker than he was able to adapt. The transfer looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
      A few days ago a friend of mine on facebook posted a pic of three films he got from the HKR guy. He ordered them on January 7. So that's more than seven months. My friend made a PayPal claim after which the film were finally sent.
      He should feel lucky I'm a few days away from 15 months and positive he stole my money.

Comment

Speaking of John Woo, at the blu-ray.com forums, the Kino Insider once again said that he has heard that a label has picked up his films. I haven't seen anyone else that would have any info on this confirm KI's post, but I hope it is true. If it is, I assume the releases are being held up because the licensee is trying to find elements for Woo's preferred cut of Bullet in the Head.

Comment

On fb Mark Savage always says the original version was ever only released on a now rare vcd from HK. All other versions have alterede either footage or the score, or both. I'd love to see (and hear) the original director's cut.
          2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

I wonder if that's the version that I saw? First time I saw the film was courtesy of VCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
              On fb Mark Savage always says the original version was ever only released on a now rare vcd from HK. All other versions have alterede either footage or the score, or both. I'd love to see (and hear) the original director's cut.
              Bullet in the Head? Grady Hendrix posted on reddit last year that the restoration was put on hold because the original negative is gone. So I really don't hold out much hope of the original cut surfacing. It would be nice if they could, at least, find a decent print to source the un-altered stuff from.

Comment

I've got the Bullet VCD. It does have a more subtle ending, but pretty sure it was cut to get a lower certificate. I haven't watched it in nearly 25 years though.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                  I've got the Bullet VCD. It does have a more subtle ending, but pretty sure it was cut to get a lower certificate. I haven't watched it in nearly 25 years though.
                  The thing is just if you've got the right vcd. From memory there were several releases. I'll see if I can find Mark's blog post about it.

Comment

Okay, it took some digging (not least because Mark obviously doesn't believe in adding a search function or a list of tags on his blog!) but here it is:
                    http://phantomofpulp.blogspot.com/20...-head-vcd.html

Comment

That's the one I have. Pretty sure it's cut for violence. Mine's somewhere in the attic​​​​, but there's a multi part rip of it on Youtube.
                      agent999
                      Last edited by agent999; 07-29-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjmuDS_oHNk

Other people may know, but is the bit where they shoot the man in the head at 4:50 cut? Looks choppier to me.

Comment

Other people may know, but is the bit where they shoot the man in the head at 4:50 cut? Looks choppier to me.
                          I shot Mark a PM and he said he'd get back to me about it - or rather post about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post
                            How long do HKR bluray orders usually take? I broke off the The Killer an Hard Boiled on like August 27 and nothing yet. No responses to email either. Just a Paypal invoice which I sent forwar to JRodefeld and..... nothing.
                            Coming up on a year and still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post

He should feel lucky I'm a few days away from 15 months and positive he stole my money.
                              Wow. You've got about three months on me.

Comment

It looks trimmed/altered to me. The post shooting vomiting at the riverside is also gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X