No announcement yet.

Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Massacre. I would have got the HK version when it came out had I known this wasn't going to be a UHD.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This is not remotely in the league of Salo in terms of quality. I found it pretty goofy but trashy enough to be a bit of fun.

Comment

I guess this is still in the works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	men.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	391108
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I guess this is still in the works.

Name:	men.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	391108
          Not sure why they're calling this a trilogy considering two things wrong with the statement:

1) There are 4 films.
          2) If you go by Tun Fe Mou's word then the ONLY films in the series are the first & the fourth.

Comment

From the latest MV newsletter:

"We know you've been eagerly waiting, and we're thrilled to announce that Massacre Video's release of Men Behind the Sun and its sequels, Laboratory of the Devil and Narrow Escape by Godfrey Ho, is almost complete.

We apologize for the delay in releasing these titles, as we had to wait for crucial elements from the licensor to ensure that we provide you with the best possible version of these films. But now, we're happy to announce that the discs are going through final quality checks and will be ready for manufacturing in the next few weeks.

We've been working hard to bring you the best possible version of these films, and we're proud to say that we've done some beautiful new color correction on each one. These corrections give the films a new life and make the viewing experience even more immersive.

Prepare yourself for a terrifying journey into the darkest parts of human history as we delve into the brutal experiments conducted by Japanese scientists during World War II. But be warned, these films are not for the faint-hearted.

Stay tuned for the pre-order announcement and get ready for a chilling experience!"
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

At least they're not (again-again) referring to the films as a trilogy. Several people have asked them on their fb page as to why they're not going to release the full series, but I haven't seen a reply about this.
              2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

The Mou films, #1 Men behind the Sun and #4 Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre, are definitely superior to the Godfrey Ho sequels

Comment

I'll probably stick with the HK discs. I certainly don't need the third one again, even if it's the greatest looking disc on earth. As for the second, the HK disc has low res inserts but, even if the Massacre disc if full HD, I still doubt I'll upgrade. Might be tempted on the first if it really is going to be a UHD, but they were probably trolling to stop people importing.

Comment

From their latest newsletter:

"But that's not all - the long-awaited Men Behind the Sun pre-orders will begin next month, in May. We've been fine-tuning every detail to make sure that this release will be the ultimate nightmare for all who dare to watch. We'll keep you posted on the exact date, so stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled."
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pre-order coming Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtcJSUzpOW7/

Name:	mav.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	415763
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Too little too late! Not upgrading my HK blu. Still pissed at them for mocking up that UHD cover.

Comment

Pre-order for the trilogy is now live.

https://massacrevideo.com/site/?prod...behind-the-sun

Should be shipping in the 2nd half of July.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

MV says that these are now finally in stock, they're shipping pre-orders first and will ship new orders once that is complete.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X