No announcement yet.

Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have been pretty traumatic though. Not that I'm a great cat lover when they shit in my garden and stalk the birds that I feed!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
      Yeah that shit looked fake.
      No it didn't.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
        I didn't think Mou would be the type to try and backpedal on his earlier choices, but I guess if I killed an animal on film I'd probably lie about it as well.
        He also used a real child actor for a rape scene in BLACK SUN. I don't remember how far the scene goes, but I do recall the girl being roughed up and having her nightgown torn off and you see her bare chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          No it didn't.
          If you don't think that blood looked fake, I don't know what to tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
            If you don't think that blood looked fake, I don't know what to tell ya.
            Full disclosure: I've only watched the scene once and I've never gone back and studied it. You may be right - that it was faked - but we'll never really know the truth and this debate will continue for as long as people are discussing this film.

Comment

Cover art!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EfZx58_WoAAgP-X.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	358715
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Cover art!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25434[/ATTACH]
                Looks like it'll be 4K UHD release judging by the spine.

Comment

Well that (UHD) was certainly unexpected.

Comment

It's...certainly a decision. Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Cover art!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25434[/ATTACH]
                      Very nice. I'm just curious about the extra's. It's a golden opportunity to have a commentary from a historian.
                      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

German Blu-ray release coming soon.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Men-B...lu-ray/280140/

I'll wait for the MV UHD myself but some in Europe might find that helpful.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazing that this will be UHD(!) A no-hesitation purchase for me.

Comment

From the latest MV newsletter:

"MEN BEHIND THE SUN is also coming closer to completion. Our extensive 4k restoration has been underway for some time and, once completed, it will be moving to the color correction stage, and finally into UHD authoring. The OCN (original camera negatives) were scanned in 4k at a Hong Kong lab, which heavily delayed the scan due to Covid lockdowns, luckily we were allowed to finish the restoration here in the States."
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't wait. Been too long waiting for this, but kudos to Massacre for getting behind this masterpiece.

Comment

Panorama are releasing a blu of this in HK on Friday. I don't know if it's from the same scan or if it's a shitty upscale. They had been doing quite well with proper HD releases, but supposedly some of their recent stuff have been upscales.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X