Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men Behind the Sun (Massacre Video)

"We are pleased to announce that one of the most HARD-HITTING and CONTROVERSIAL films of all time, Tun Fei Mou's MEN BEHIND THE SUN, is coming to Blu-ray soon with a brand new 4k scan from the Original Camera Negatives!

The Limited Edition slipcase version of MEN BEHIND THE SUN will be included as a free bonus to all who purchased the Blu-ray subscription.

We will announce the release specifications and pre-order date shortly."

I have this on Aussie VHS and I really don't need to upgrade. lol. It may be a good film but it's just not entertaining in anyway, to me at least. But cool to see all this stuff getting awesome bluray releases these days.
    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Great news! I was watching Godfrey Ho's MEN BEHIND THE SUN 3 the other day and thinking "this is garbage, but I wouldn't mind seeing the original in pristine quality". It'll be good to see it with the original soundtrack as well - the rare NZ VHS release was English dubbed and missing the infamous cat scene.

Comment

I'll definitely be picking this up.

Comment

That is fuckin fantastic news! Been waiting on this for decades!!!

Comment

Fuck yes!
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Never seen this, but heard about it for years. Sounds like a once watch only, a bit like Salo, but even nastier.

Comment

I don't know if I could watch the cat scene again. It's disgusting.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

In more recent interviews Mou claimed the cat scene was faked and the cat was fine. Not having seen it myself I can't say whether or not I think he's telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                    Never seen this, but heard about it for years. Sounds like a once watch only, a bit like Salo, but even nastier.
                    Pretty much yeah, imo.
                    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

The cat sure looked like it was getting eaten alive by rats; if it wasn't real then the FX were incredible. I'm not sure how they would've pulled it off. Regardless, the scene is disgusting.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                        In more recent interviews Mou claimed the cat scene was faked and the cat was fine. Not having seen it myself I can't say whether or not I think he's telling the truth.
                        I would call bullshit on this. The cat definitely looks like it's in its death throes.

The scene comes not long after the use of real footage of an autopsy on a child, which is equally difficult to watch.
                        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          I would call bullshit on this. The cat definitely looks like it's in its death throes.
                          I didn't think Mou would be the type to try and backpedal on his earlier choices, but I guess if I killed an animal on film I'd probably lie about it as well.

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                          Sounds like a once watch only, a bit like Salo, but even nastier.
                          As someone who's seen Salo at least half a dozen times, I can confidently say that I'll never see Men Behind the Sun more than twice. So yeah, pretty much.

Comment

Would rats ever, under any circumstances, gang up and attack a cat? It seems against their nature. The "blood" smeared on the cat is definitely fake, I think we can agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                              Would rats ever, under any circumstances, gang up and attack a cat? It seems against their nature. The "blood" smeared on the cat is definitely fake, I think we can agree.
                              Yeah that shit looked fake.

Comment

Working...
                              X