Riki-Oh - The Story Of Ricky Coming To Blu-ray 9/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riki-Oh - The Story Of Ricky Coming To Blu-ray 9/17

I'd file this under 'take it with a grain of salt' for now but Amazon has a pre-order up for this one. I haven't seen an official announcement of any sort yet and Media Blasters' website is useless.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Saw it years back and loved it. Looking forward to seeing it again.
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hopefully they throw in some extra features this time. There was a bunch of stuff included on the R2 release but the initial Media Blasters one was pretty much empty.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will be interesting to see what materials they use. Fortune Star did a Hi-Def master, that was used for Joy Sales' R3 DVD release, but I'm guessing that one's probably getting on a bit now.

Comment

So delays and more delays kinda made me forget this was happening but Twitch has a review up, so it seems that this is out now.

http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/1...ray-review.php

No screen caps but it sounds like it might be a decent upgrade.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Honestly the extras on the R2 disc weren't that interesting. Nothing covers the Story of Ricky manga and no interviews or commentary by the director. The director fascinates me with his hyper ott style throughout his filmography.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

One of my fave movies of all time. I've watched it countless times.

Would have been cool if they had, like Alex says, some extra feature comparing the original Manga (which I've never been able to find) with the movie. Would have loved that.
                www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Has anybody got the blu ray yet?I would like to hear your guys opinion on the disc

Comment

I hope you will review this, Ian. I wonder how i compares to my UK DVD.

Comment

I plan on ordering it later this month and will probably review it then, depending on my schedule. Media Blasters doesn't send us stuff, so any reviews of their products take a bit of a back seat to those companies that do - but it's on my radar and I'll get to it eventually.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That`s good to hear.

Comment

Ordered. I should have it next week.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Honestly I would just love to see an interview or something with the director. That guy had a crazy filmography and it's a shame he seemingly retired after The Cat.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I'd love to see that too but I've never come across anything like that. Too bad, he made some wacky stuff.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X