Evil Dead Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead Trap

So it seems there's a Japanese crowdfunding campaign to release Evil Dead Trap on Blu-ray, with English subs too.

https://motion-gallery.net/projects/.../updates/25533

Will be interesting to see if this takes off.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The movie doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but I still like it anyway.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

It's a minor classic that goes apeshit at the end in a way that only the Japanese can do.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

This is cool and all but I wish they had partnered with a North American distributor/label since they obviously want to reach the international audience with the inclusion of English subs and even went as far as to translate how to take part in the crowdfunding. It would've garnered more attention with a Western label partnership.

Comment

The instructions have some gaps. Although the instructions are to add a dummy address, the form demands some actual Japanese, namely "Please enter your first name in double-byte katakana" and "Please enter your full name in full-width katakana"

Comment

I actually prefer part two. They should do a BD box set.
            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
              I actually prefer part two. They should do a BD box set.
              They are; they're doing parts 1 & 2.

Let's create Blu-ray versions of Japanese splatter film masterpieces, EVIL DEAD TRAP (SHIRYONO WANA) and EVIL DEAD TRAP 2: HIDEKI (SHIRYONO WANA 2: HIDEKI)... It will come in a fancy box that can store two Blu-ray discs.

Comment

I'm Japanese staff. Evil Dead Trap 1 & 2 , There is only one existing film. And, there is only SD data, no HD data. This crowdfunding project is to make HD data of 2 films and to release Blu-ray. So, If this project is not successful, there will be no Blu-ray sales overseas. We told Synapse Films about this campaign before this project's announcement. They are waiting success of this project. Please help us.

Comment

Originally posted by shirosano View Post
                  I'm Japanese staff. Evil Dead Trap 1 & 2 , There is only one existing film. And, there is only SD data, no HD data. This crowdfunding project is to make HD data of 2 films and to release Blu-ray. So, If this project is not successful, there will be no Blu-ray sales overseas. We told Synapse Films about this campaign before this project's announcement. They are waiting success of this project. Please help us.
                  To be frank, the process is too complicated. Especially having to input a "dummy" address and then checking back in later and putting in one's actually mailing address. You have a good grasp of English, is it possible for you to simplify the steps and just make an English language page for overseas supporters?

Comment

Yeah, I would definitely be interested in funding this if you guys make the process less complicated.

Comment

The address part is confusing. A false address first and then a real one when the campaign ends? That's a bit risky for me. Otherwise, I would be interested.

Comment

I've only watched this once, possibly back in the late 1990s on VHS, and remember it veering into absurd-o territory towards the end. I've never seen EVIL DEAD TRAP 2, however. Should I remedy that?
                        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          I've only watched this once, possibly back in the late 1990s on VHS, and remember it veering into absurd-o territory towards the end. I've never seen EVIL DEAD TRAP 2, however. Should I remedy that?
                          I didn't like the second one. Haven't seen the third. The commentary track from the first needs to be preserved, it's a surreal work of art on its own.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

The 3rd one had the fat girl, right?
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Fat girl? You must be thinking about a different movie. It's been ages since I've watched it but I don't recall any fat girl in 3. I don't recall much but I do remember it had an annoying blue filter look throughout and a running gag with tatsuo Yamada eating all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X