Magnificent Butcher - The Sammo Hung Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnificent Butcher - The Sammo Hung Thread

I think it was mentioned Eureka were giving this a Blu-ray release.

Here's a trailer for the remastered version from Fortune Star from back in 2017.

No real news here. I guess I'm just excited about this getting a proper Blu-ray release because it's a fucking awesome movie.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I see the placeholder for the Eureka blu ray release. So hopefully some solid info comes out soon on expected release date, extras, specs, etc.

Comment

THE IRON FISTED MONK passed BBFC certification uncut which is good news. Looks like the anticipated box set from Eureka with EASTERN CONDORS, MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER & IRON FISTED MONK is proceeding as expected with a release date scheduled for late Summer.

Comment

One of the great matrial arts films.

Comment

If they can get Eastern Condors through uncut, this could be a great box set.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Speaking of Sammo, Schrí¶derMedia is continuing with #19 of its Asia Line series and it's THE VICTIM. Up for pre-order on Amazon.de. It will have the English dub but was really hoping for the OAR, otherwise why pick this up over the still available Tai Seng & Eastern Heroes editions?

Comment

I'm already resigned to the fact that Yuen Biao ripping the head off the snake will be cut from the Eureka release of EASTERN CONDORS. No way around animal violence/cruelty with the BBFC but just glad the rape/sexual violence/full frontal nudity scene with Fung Hak-on, which is pivotal to IRON FISTED MONK was kept intact.

Comment

The BBFC can be inconsistent with how they apply the animal cruelty laws, it seems to be down to whoever they get on the day. Having said that, it will probably still be cut.

Comment

Something's been passed uncut just today:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...ostcount=32023

Hopefully Eastern Condors. If it weren't for the stringy bit, I'd have thought it was a rubber snake anyway.

Comment

Eureka have confirmed that all three films will be uncut.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/thre...stern-condors/

Comment

Hallelujah! That's certainly good news.

Comment

The Eureka boxed set has been pushed back to Oct. 7th.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've only watched Eastern Condors from the set so far, it looks fantastic. Easily the best looking Blu Ray that I've seen of a vintage Hong Kong movie yet.

Comment

I ordered the set from Diabolik the other day, really looking forward to getting it.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My copy of the Sammo Hung set arrived yesterday. Looking forward to digging in to it, as I've not watched any of the films in years.
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X