Severin Films Releasing Hemisphere Horrors Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin Films Releasing Hemisphere Horrors Collection

Not much in the way of details yet, but this...!

"Spent the day interviewing a Philippines cinema treasure, and Gerry de Leon's right hand man on The Blood Drinkers and Curse Of The Vampires. Thank you for your incredible stories, Dik Trofeo!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-_Users_ian_Desktop_severin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	369613
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Odds Severin screws up the aspect ratio again?
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
      Odds Severin screws up the aspect ratio again?
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I was trying to think of what films are likely to be included in this set.

The Blood Drinkers
        Blood Of The Vampires/Curse Of The Vampires
        Brain Of Blood

What else? I don't think Horror Of The Blood Monsters was Hemisphere, was it?

Anyone care to speculate?

Comment

Coming 4/9/19!

Blood Drinkers, Curse of the Vampires, Brain of Blood. Bonus Disc: The Black Cat, The Torture Chamber of Doctor Sadism.

New 2K scans!
          New interview with Dik Trofeo
          “Hemisphere Appreciation” Interview with David Decoteau
          “The Cursed Vampire” Interview with Eddie Garcia
          “The Market of Hemisphere” Interview with Samuel M. Sherman
          “Memories of Blood” interviews with cast of Brain of Blood.
          Plus more!

Credit to Dawn of the Discs for the news.

Name:	01.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	355641

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	355642
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	b1.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	355643

Name:	b2.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	355644
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cover art for the bonus disc.

Name:	bonus.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	355647
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Might just get the two Gerry De Leon flicks. Brain of Blood is wretched in my opinion, although the bonus disc could be worth buying the set for (not seen either of them).
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I assume the elements are shit on TORTURE CHAMBER OF DOCTOR SADISM, which is a huge bummer since it's easily the best film in the set.

Comment

torture chamber of doctor sadism is the german gothic horror flick "die schlangengrube und das pendel"

it has christopher lee and I remember liking the scenes in the scary forest and the dungeon, which both have surprisingly effective set design almost bava-like.
                    looks like severins using a beat up print for this and I think the US version is cut (correct me if I'm wrong).

supposedly digi dreams (urgh!) is releasing this later this year in germany, but they mentioned they have the negative.

Comment

I haven't seen any of those films but a few of the titles are familiar. Guess it'll depend on price & how many other titles I 'need' are out at the same time. It'd be nice if they make enough sets to go around & not just sell out in a heartbeat.

Looks like 3500 sets will be produced so it'll sell out. Not going to preorder; hell, I'm still waiting on All the Colors of the Dark (finally shipped today!).
                      Keeth
                      Last edited by Keeth; 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Poor Dr Sadism
                        Dumped on an exclusive Blu in the Box, it could be the cap on the website is accurate.

I hope not, but glad a German alternative is coming.
                        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I REALLY want The Black Cat...have the others on DVD already so would have rather waited...damn, damn, damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                            I haven't seen any of those films but a few of the titles are familiar. Guess it'll depend on price & how many other titles I 'need' are out at the same time. It'd be nice if they make enough sets to go around & not just sell out in a heartbeat.
                            I'm really sick of "limited editions". It's turning me into an addict, and I don't think it's healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Might just get the two Gerry De Leon flicks. Brain of Blood is wretched in my opinion, although the bonus disc could be worth buying the set for (not seen either of them).
                              LOL, this post could have been written by me! The two vampire films are a must, and BRAIN OF BLOOD will likely only get one watch from me, mostly to see how the new transfer looks. I remember it being a slog to get through. I'm pretty sure I've seen THE BLACK CAT, but it was so long ago I don't really remember it. Hearing TORTURE CHAMBER... get compared to Bava piques my interest; I'm kinda surprised I've never seen it, given my love of Christopher Lee.

Despite my initial inclination to just buy the two vampire films, I'm sure I'll relent and order the box, especially since it won't cost that much more, anyway. Really looking forward to a nice copy of THE BLOOD DRINKERS, which is the standout of this collection!

Comment

Working...
                              X