No announcement yet.

Mondo Macabro releasing Kim Ki-young's WOMAN CHASING A KILLER BUTTERFLY on Blu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BUTTERFLY limited edition is now SOLD OUT! If you missed it, a standard edition will be out sometime in the fall.

Comment

Phew! I think I just got in before it sold out.

Comment

Received my limited edition red case blu ray yesterday and am quite pleased with the PQ and extras. Jared A. took my advice and improved the typesetting of the enclosed booklet with the essay by Kelley Dong. It looks far more polished now and doesn't look like it was printed on a cheap inkjet as did the booklet for SUDDENLY IN THE DARK. The print looks great considering the age of the source material and I have no issues with the audio quality either. I prefer the Mathieu St-Pierre cover art and reversed the sleeve as soon as I cracked it open. My only nitpick & personal preference is I wish the subs were just a tad larger or a thicker font was used.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
          Received my limited edition red case blu ray yesterday and am quite pleased with the PQ and extras. Jared A. took my advice and improved the typesetting of the enclosed booklet with the essay by Kelley Dong. It looks far more polished now and doesn't look like it was printed on a cheap inkjet as did the booklet for SUDDENLY IN THE DARK. The print looks great considering the age of the source material and I have no issues with the audio quality either. I prefer the Mathieu St-Pierre cover art and reversed the sleeve as soon as I cracked it open. My only nitpick & personal preference is I wish the subs were just a tad larger or a thicker font was used.
          Thanks! Although for the record, I did not "take your advice" about the "typesetting". We never changed anything after your complaint (the only one we ever got about this issue), because we simply didn't see it. We have changed printers since then, but for completely unrelated reasons. If it looks better to you now, I suppose it's down to that. Don't see the difference myself.

But again, really happy that you are pleased with this release. So much hard work went into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
            Thanks! Although for the record, I did not "take your advice" about the "typesetting". We never changed anything after your complaint (the only one we ever got about this issue), because we simply didn't see it. We have changed printers since then, but for completely unrelated reasons. If it looks better to you now, I suppose it's down to that. Don't see the difference myself.

But again, really happy that you are pleased with this release. So much hard work went into it.
            yeah, I was being facetious & sarcastic. I didn't really think you took my advice since you dismissed my initial criticism the first time around. Anyway, I watched this again with the commentary from the POF guys and really enjoyed it. I know it was a one off but hope you are able to retain their services for any future Korean releases. I enjoy listening to those guys especially Hangul Celluloid's Paul Quinn. Looking forward to your next Asian blu ray release. I've been enjoying the psychological, surreal horror from Korea but itching for some exploitation stuff next like the Taiwanese film you mentioned previously.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
              yeah, I was being facetious & sarcastic. I didn't really think you took my advice since you dismissed my initial criticism the first time around. Anyway, I watched this again with the commentary from the POF guys and really enjoyed it. I know it was a one off but hope you are able to retain their services for any future Korean releases. I enjoy listening to those guys especially Hangul Celluloid's Paul Quinn. Looking forward to your next Asian blu ray release. I've been enjoying the psychological, surreal horror from Korea but itching for some exploitation stuff next like the Taiwanese film you mentioned previously.
              Yeah, we were pleased with that commentary too. I really like those guys and we will definitely use them again in the future if we have the right project.

We have two Taiwanese films on our radar now but both are moving … very … slowly …

Comment

Working...
              X