Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin Films Releasing The Blood Island Collection

So it would seem, at least.

"Cooool. After an informed tip off we did some archaeological digging with the help of our man on the ground in Paris and it appears we have unearthed this 35mm negative after decades of it being thought lost. Stay tuned."

Click image for larger version

Name:	35162128_10160572297855038_6822505822564646912_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	369282
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I heard it was in Italy, and scratched my head.

So perhaps it was Paris? Fuggin great news.
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is great. i am big fan of both Gerardo De Leon and Eddie Romero's cinema. All the entries in this series Bride Of Blood, Beast Of Blood, Terror Is A man are excellent. Looking forward to this on blu ray. Thanks for posting.
      https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is fantastic, but I'll be sad when it comes out correctly framed and that chick's bush is cropped at the beginning.
        Marshall Crist
        Last edited by Marshall Crist; 06-13-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
          This is fantastic, but I'll be sad when it comes out correctly framed and that chick's bush is cropped at the beginning.
          they wouldn't would they!?

Comment

Severin has announced their Blood Island Trilogy boxset
            They've been called “defiantly lurid” (1000MisspentHours.com), “delightfully depraved” (FlickAttack.com) and “blood-soaked & naked broad-filled” (MrSkin.com). Their cult of fans is worldwide. And for more than fifty years, these four monster shockers from Filipino directors Gerry de Leon and Eddie Romero have stunned drive-in, grindhouse and VHS audiences, became the foundation of infamous exploitation distributors Hemisphere Pictures and Independent-International, and remain among the most insane/esteemed classics in horror history. Severin Films is now proud to present The BLOOD ISLAND Trilogy and its celebrated prequel, all featuring uncut scans from recently discovered film elements and oozing with all-new Special Features!

Terror is a Man Special Features:

Man Becomes Creature: Interview with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
            Dawn of Blood Island: Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
            Terror Creature: Interview with Pete Tombs, Co-Author of “Immoral Tales”
            When the Bell Rings: Interview with Critic Mark Holcomb
            Trailer
            Poster & Still Gallery
            Reversible BLOOD CREATURE Cover

Brides of Blood Special Features:

Audio Commentary with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
            Jungle Fury: Archival Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
            Here Comes the Bride: Interview with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
            Beverly Hills on Blood Island: Interview with Actress Beverly Powers a.k.a. Beverly Hills
            Alternate BRIDES OF BLOOD ISLAND Title Sequence and JUNGLE FURY Title Card
            Teaser Trailer
            Trailer
            Poster & Still Gallery
            Reversible ISLAND OF LIVING HORROR Cover

Mad Doctor of Blood Island Special Features:

Audio Commentary with Horror Film Historians Nathaniel Thompson and Howard S. Berger
            Tombs of the Living Dead: Interview with Pete Tombs, Co-Author of “Immoral Tales”
            A Taste of Blood: Interview with Critic Mark Holcomb
            The Mad Doctor of Blood Island: Archival Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
            Trailer
            Poster & Still Gallery
            Bonus Disc: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (in box set only)
            Reversible TOMB OF THE LIVING DEAD Cover

Beast of Blood [Available ONLY in Box Set] Special Features:

Celeste and the Beast: An Interview with Celeste Yarnall
            Dr. Lorca's Blood Devils: Interview with Actor Eddie Garcia
            Super 8 Digest Version
            Trailer
            Poster & Still Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by moviesludge View Post
              they wouldn't would they!?
              Sounds like this will be open-matte after all. Hail Satan!

Comment

so obviously beast of blood will look like shit because it's box set only(?)
                *cough* amicus collection *cough*

Comment

I enjoy all these movies but will wait for reviews, especially as Severin sometimes screw up the compression.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I like them, but will wait until the price drops.
                    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Yup, Beast is from 16mm, no wonder it's exclusive to the box.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Here's the complete press release:

The Complete BLOOD ISLAND Trilogy Plus The Acclaimed Prequel Newly Remastered On Blu-Ray For The First Time Ever!

On November 13th, Severin Films is plunging horror fans into uncharted waters with THE BLOOD ISLAND COLLECTION, featuring 4 Blu-Rays and 1 CD. On October 30th, BRIDES OF BLOOD, MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND, BEAST OF BLOOD, & TERROR IS A MAN will make their eye-popping HD debut on home video, packed with a truly monstrous slate of new bonus features. This collection is a strictly limited, individually numbered edition of 3500 units. As a result, fans are encouraged to pre-order so they might avoid a hellish descent into a watery grave of their own making.

They've been called “defiantly lurid” (1000MisspentHours.com), “delightfully depraved” (FlickAttack.com) and “blood-soaked & naked broad-filled” (MrSkin.com). Their cult of fans is worldwide. And for more than fifty years, these four monster shockers from Filipino directors Gerry de Leon and Eddie Romero have stunned drive-in, grindhouse and VHS audiences, became the foundation of infamous exploitation distributors Hemisphere Pictures and Independent-International, and remain among the most insane/esteemed classics in horror history. Severin Films is now proud to present The BLOOD ISLAND Trilogy and its celebrated prequel, all featuring uncut scans from recently discovered film elements and oozing with all-new Special Features!

BRIDES OF BLOOD, MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND, & TERROR IS A MAN are available as individual Blu-Ray or DVD releases. BEAST OF BLOOD is exclusive to the box set, as is a soundtrack CD for MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND. Also available exclusively from the Severin webstore are bundles including blood-soaked merch such as a Blood Island treasure map, a beastly enamel pin, and a “Secret Oath of Green Blood” cocktail recipe to quench your thirst for mayhem! Pre-orders from the Severin webstore will start shipping the last week of October!

Promo Trailer: https://vimeo.com/291981712/23c3d15a1a

Special Features for Brides of Blood:

-Audio Commentary with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
                        -JUNGLE FURY: Archival Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
                        -HERE COMES THE BRIDE - Interview with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
                        -BEVERLY HILLS ON BLOOD ISLAND - Interview with Actress Beverly Powers a.k.a. Beverly Hills
                        -Alternate BRIDES OF BLOOD ISLAND Title Sequence and JUNGLE FURY Title Card
                        -Teaser Trailer
                        -Trailer
                        -Poster & Still Gallery

Special Features for Mad Doctor of Blood Island:

-Audio Commentary with Horror Film Historians Nathaniel Thompson and Howard S. Berger
                        -TOMBS OF THE LIVING DEAD: Interview with Pete Tombs, Co-Author of "Immoral Tales"
                        -A TASTE OF BLOOD - Interview with Critic Mark Holcomb
                        -THE MAD DIRECTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND - Archival Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
                        -Trailer
                        -Poster & Still Gallery
                        Bonus Disc: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (in box set only)

Special Features for Beast of Blood:

-CELESTE AND THE BEAST - An Interview with Celeste Yarnall
                        -DR. LORCA'S BLOOD DEVILS - Interview with Actor Eddie Garcia
                        -Super 8 Digest Version
                        -Trailer
                        -Poster & Still Gallery

Special Features for Terror Is a Man:

-MAN BECOMES CREATURE: Interview with Hemisphere Marketing Consultant Samuel M. Sherman
                        -DAWN OF BLOOD ISLAND: Interview with Co-Director Eddie Romero
                        -TERROR CREATURE: Interview with Pete Tombs, Co-Author of "Immoral Tales"
                        -WHEN THE BELL RINGS: Interview with Critic Mark Holcomb
                        -Trailer
                        -Poster & Still Gallery
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Great artwork for this set.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haven't seen TERROR IS A MAN before, but the other three look MUCH better than their DVD incarnations. I doubt we'll ever get a better presentation of these.

Comment

Working...
                              X