AGFA Shaw Brothers Restorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGFA Shaw Brothers Restorations

No word on any home video releases or anything yet, but this just popped up on youtube.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Good to see Boxer's Omen in there, I seem to recall Calum Waddell mentioning that Celestial didn't have an HD master of that one last year.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Here's the list from the AGFA site. I'd upgrade B.M. 2 & BOXER'S OMEN. Wish KILLER SNAKES or more horror films were listed. Which martial films would be recommended? Ya know, especially wild & violent...

The full list of Shaw Brothers titles distributed by AGFA:

THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN
      THE AVENGING EAGLE
      BASTARD SWORDSMAN
      BLACK MAGIC 2
      BLOOD BROTHERS
      THE BOXER'S OMEN
      THE BRAVE ARCHER
      BUDDHA'S PALM
      COME DRINK WITH ME
      CRIPPLED AVENGERS
      DIRTY HO
      THE DUEL
      THE EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER
      THE FIVE VENOMS
      GOLDEN SWALLOW
      THE HEROIC ONES
      HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD
      HUMAN LANTERNS
      INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN
      KING BOXER
      LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA
      MAD MONKEY KUNG FU
      MASKED AVENGERS
      MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN
      THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN
      ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN
      SHAOLIN TEMPLE
      THE SUPER INFRAMAN
      VENGEANCE
      THE WATER MARGIN

Comment

Don't know if these will ever be released on BD but the two that stick out are BOXER'S OMEN & of course, HUMAN LANTERNS after WVG Gmbh fucked up on that one.

Comment

These are from theatrical prints that have been donated to AGFA, I think. Not new restorations from negatives. I could be wrong, but I know they have all these films in their catalog and have been looking for something to do with them.

So no blu-rays. This is just for theatrical screenings. But I've seen their print of BOXER'S OMEN, and it looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
            Here's the list from the AGFA site. I'd upgrade B.M. 2 & BOXER'S OMEN. Wish KILLER SNAKES or more horror films were listed. Which martial films would be recommended? Ya know, especially wild & violent...
            VENGEANCE is a stabby, bloody masterpiece, MAD MONKEY KUNG FU is hyperkinetic madness, THE FIVE VENOMS, MASKED AVENGERS and BLOOD BROTHERS are full of bloody, comic-bookish action.

Comment

Avenging Eagle and One Armed Swordsman are my favourites on that list.

Comment

Dang... My two favorite Shaw Bros. flicks -- MAN OF IRON and THE DRAGON MISSILE -- are not on that list.

Comment

Yeah, theatrical. I read that but it didn't stick when I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
                    These are from theatrical prints that have been donated to AGFA, I think. Not new restorations from negatives. I could be wrong, but I know they have all these films in their catalog and have been looking for something to do with them.

So no blu-rays. This is just for theatrical screenings. But I've seen their print of BOXER'S OMEN, and it looked great.
                    yeah, no plans for BD releases for now but hoping down the line these see the light of day on physical media.

Best bet to see some of the few SBs 35mm prints available in my area is Tarantino's New Beverly Cinema since the scandal ridden CineFamily shut down last year.

Originally posted by SuperDevilDoctor View Post
                    Dang... My two favorite Shaw Bros. flicks -- MAN OF IRON and THE DRAGON MISSILE -- are not on that list.
                    if you're a fan of THE DRAGON MISSLE & region locking is not an issue for you, then you should pick up the upcoming BD from 88Films.

Comment

I recommend BUDDHA'S PALM and HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD, if you're into crazy laser fu

Comment

Working...
                      X