hkflix.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hkflix.com

...is apparently done. I don't think I've ever ordered from them but I know a lot of people do. Weird that it's just vanished.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

There's chatter around the interweb that a change of management late last year was the catalyst for things going bust. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if the MASSIVE amount of bootleg Shaw titles (from PanMedia*) they carried played a small part in it as well. As Celestial Pictures own global rights to the Shaw library, they tend to be fiercely protective of their golden goose; thus, if they got wind someone was selling pirated versions of titles in the US they had licenced there you can be almost guaranteed that they'd come down on them like a tonne of bricks! Probably to the full extent that international law will allow...

* there are those that say, amongst all the internet murmurs and rumours, that HKFlix was actually behind the PanMedia Shaw bootlegs. And I once read a post on a kung fu-themed forum that stated an employee said the company would go out of business if it wasn't for the sales of the PanMedia bootlegs. :think:

Comment

Ah well, like I said I never ordered from them, just thought it might be of interest. Still... it's sad when these places disappear regardless of the reason why.

Just placed an order through DDDHouse, so I'm all happy on the Asian Front. :thomason:
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
        Still... it's sad when these places disappear regardless of the reason why.
        That it is. However, I'm sure there's good reason behind their sudden disappearance. You don't just run a sucessful online business for years, then go belly up overnight. ;)
        I ordered from them quite a number of times over the years, even though I wasn't thrilled to be buying from a retailer that so openly sold masses of bootlegs.
        But every now and then they turned up something I couldn't find anywhere else for decent prices -- thus, they served a purpose while they were around.

Comment

Working...
        X