Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing Suddenly In The Dark

From FB:

We couldn't be more excited about our first new Blu-ray announcement: the 1981 psycho-sexual South Korean horror film SUDDENLY IN THE DARK!
    This amazing, almost unknown film is full of uncomfortable sexuality, cheap visual effects, creepy dolls, shamanism, butterflies, and murder - all set to a searing, original synth score!

Contrary to some popular belief, Korean horror didn't start in the late 90s, it had been a staple genre in that country for many decades prior, with the early 1980s being a particularly rich period. Unfortunately, these films remain almost completely unknown outside of the ROK. Just the sort of challenge we love! SUDDENLY IN THE DARK is one of the very best pre-millennial K-Horrors: genuinely frightening and utterly bizarre.

This will be our next blu release after PRIVATE VICES, we hope to have it out by early October. We are currently hard at work cleaning up the HD master given to us by the Korean Film Archive, so it will look miles better than any of the versions have have been floating around the internet.

We're really digging back into our "worldweird" roots with this one, and we hope you'll follow us down! More details to be revealed in the coming weeks, including a brand new promotional trailer that will premiere in the next few days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13887019_1204818782944507_161636957260232605_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	367373
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is exactly the kind of release that made me love Mondo Macabro in the first place! Any company can release a Fulci film, but not many can dig up these unseen obscurities and give them the royal treatment. I know nothing about this film, but it's definitely one of the most interesting releases in the whole of 2016 for me!

Comment

I read that Jared is saying this release is going to be a website exclusive only depending how it sells. MM won't be selling this to other online retailers for at least this year and early next. So don't expect to see it pop up on Amazon anytime soon. They got the HD master from KOFA and are cleaning it up right now but the HD torrent that's around looks damn good already with grammatically correct English subs. I don't see how they'll improve on it? I'll still buy this because I enjoyed the movie and it's going to come with a nice thick booklet too. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
        I read that Jared is saying this release is going to be a website exclusive only depending how it sells. MM won't be selling this to other online retailers for at least this year and early next. So don't expect to see it pop up on Amazon anytime soon. They got the HD master from KOFA and are cleaning it up right now but the HD torrent that's around looks damn good already with grammatically correct English subs. I don't see how they'll improve on it? I'll still buy this because I enjoyed the movie and it's going to come with a nice thick booklet too. :up:
        There's always room for improvement with these things. There's a persistent shudder throughout the film that we are fixing, and a few other minor issues.

Comment

Really want to get this, how is MM's shipping to Canada? Usually the boutique sites charge way too much for it to make any sense to order it from them so I go with Amazon.ca.

Comment

Their FAQ says $7 for Canada, but on the Public Virtues listing it says they've reduced shipping to $5.

Comment

Looking so forward to this release.

Much praise to MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                Really want to get this, how is MM's shipping to Canada? Usually the boutique sites charge way too much for it to make any sense to order it from them so I go with Amazon.ca.
                Yeah, the pre-order shipping fee to Canada will be the same as PVPV, $5

Comment

I'm a sucker for all these Asian releases and based on that synopsis and rad poster this looks like another must buy from MM!

Comment

MM shipping prices for Canadian buyers are the cheapest from any online seller I've come across in years. A psycho-sexual Korean horror film from 1981, nuff said.
                    Mark C.
                    Last edited by Mark C.; 08-09-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Never heard of the film, but looks like a cool buy to me!

Comment

Mondo Macabro Releasing Suddenly In The Dark

This is coming in October, more details to be announced soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301345/

Click image for larger version

Name:	14358707_1246549845438067_8909712725228530765_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	351288
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks for the share!

But you've already started a thread for this release! http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ly-In-The-Dark

Comment

Merged'em. My memory is going. I'm getting old!
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X