X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Never mind, I found it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15964[/ATTACH]
    Thanks for that Ian, the 'Jailhouse 41' screenshots were the ones i was dreading the most, the film goes into wildly colourful, almost psychedelic visuals after the escape during the meeting with the stange old woman. This is the release i was looking forward to the most this year, 'Jailhouse 41' being pretty high on my list of favourite films, hugely disapointing!

Comment

Yep, the extremely expressionistic Bavaesqe colours of Jailhouse 41 are the ones that will fare worst of all with this new timing. Also, the screenshots Ian posted are rather too small to make any conclusive statements, but this does seem digitally smeared with excessive filtering, right? Maybe Ian, who has the discs in hand, could chime in with how they look in motion or maybe supply some full size screens?

Those shots Takuma posted from Jailhouse 41 are gorgeous by the way. I had that one on the old US disc, and it didn't look so hot (plus was non-anamorphic IIRC). Only reason I'm not cancelling this is that I need to have access to these films in my collection, and I won't be able to buy the DVD editions back anymore (sold the whole lot for 300 SEK, approximately $37 ).

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
        Those shots Takuma posted from Jailhouse 41 are gorgeous by the way.
        I believe the OOP Discotek / Eastern Star has the same Toei transfer (plus extras from the Studio Canal disc). Pathe (from the 6 film Sasori box set) is sharper and doesn't suffer from cropping, but I always found Toei to have the edge in terms of colors.
        Takuma
        Last edited by Takuma; 07-23-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

My feelings, too. I'm not canceling.

And I believe GIALLO IN VENEZIA has been announced. Hard to believe still. :woot:

Comment

Definetly sitting this one out, the £60 is going towards the HG Lewis megabox!

Comment

This is showing as in stock on Arrow's website , so they should start shipping them out soon

Comment

Yes, they sent mine today. Be interested seeing how it looks in motion on the screen.

Comment

Yeah they just sent mine too^_^

Comment

Mine shipped, too.

Comment

• Anybody got their box yet? Mine's still in transit from UK to US.

UK-based people? You taken a gander?

Comment

• http://mondo-digital.com/femaleconvict.html Comparison shots from DVDs at the end.

(and thank you Ian for getting that one cap I asked for earlier!)

Comment

• Tough decision, but I went ahead and cancelled my order for this. I'm working on getting a $100 Amazon gift certificate for taking surveys and if I get that before it sells out, I might pick this up, but if I miss it I will not be too upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                            Tough decision, but I went ahead and cancelled my order for this. I'm working on getting a $100 Amazon gift certificate for taking surveys and if I get that before it sells out, I might pick this up, but if I miss it I will not be too upset.
                            Same here. I'm not spending my hard earned money on this botch job. Now if I find enough coins under my couch, then maybe I'll pick this up later.

Comment

• I regrettably sold my Eureka UK dvd set in anticipation of this set but I certainly won't be watching this teal mess. Does anyone know which transfers were used on that set or if there's a comparable release out there? The price on the Eureka set is higher than I'd like to pay to re-buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celluloid Terror View Post
                                I regrettably sold my Eureka UK dvd set in anticipation of this set but I certainly won't be watching this teal mess. Does anyone know which transfers were used on that set or if there's a comparable release out there? The price on the Eureka set is higher than I'd like to pay to re-buy it.
                                The Jailhouse 41 transfer was the old Image one; in other words the worst available. The other two I believe were more or less the same as the Media Blasters discs.

I would recommend the Media Blasters discs for films 1, 3 and 4. For Jailhouse 41 my recommendation is the Discotek dvd which uses the Toei transfer. Unfortunately it won't be easy to find for a decent price. If you don't need subs, you could simply get the Japanese Toei disc.

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
                                http://mondo-digital.com/femaleconvict.html Comparison shots from DVDs at the end.
                                Toei caps for Jailhouse 41. These should represent the Discotek disc as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X