• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Takuma

• Takuma
    replied
    Now I'm scared...

A trailer was posted online for the BD release, and the picture quality looks horrible!
    http://theplaylist.net/exclusive-tra...kaji-20160630/

This can't be representative of the actual transfers, can it? That trailer was made by some drunken teenage Michael Bay fan who just turned the contrast up to 110 and gave it a blue tint that eats out all other colors, right?

BD Trailer:

Media Blaster DVD

BD Trailer

Toei DVD

Can someone ask Arrow about this?

Leave a comment:

• willpak
    replied
    I gave a little gasp when my wife showed me the press release this morning. So looking forward to seeing the series on BD. They will look amazing, especially Jailhouse 41.

Leave a comment:

• AngelGuts

• AngelGuts
    replied
    I'm excited about these as previous iterations of these films have been average.

Just ordered the box and the new OUTLAW GANGSTER VIP box, which hasn't gotten too much press (but sounds great).

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogart View Post
    But I hate being played like a piano with all these L.E releases!!
    I've made my feelings on the whole bs limited edition model known, so you'll get no disagreement from me. I just wish that Arrow would always be upfront about what is or isn't going to get individual releases. Frankly, with the exception of the BATTLES book, I've found most of their booklets to be mediocre (their Blood Rage booklet may have the worst published film essay I've ever read), so I can live without them, but I don't want to miss out on owning the films on Blu-ray.

Leave a comment:

• Bogart

• Bogart
    replied
    Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
    I have to admit, that price is a bit much (£79.99/$12X.95 for 4 films), even though it is in line with the price of the BATTLES box set (£99.99/$149.95 for 5 films.) Marc Walkow also produced this set, so the extras and booklet should be worthwhile (without a doubt, the BATTLES book is the best one I've seen in an Arrow release.) I just hope the high price keeps this in stock long enough for me to be able to afford it.
    I hear you. Thinking about it, and the fact i like these films very much, ill probably end up begrudgingly buying this down the line as ill only end up regretting not getting it once it sells out. I can use my Arrow points to get a discount. But I hate being played like a piano with all these L.E releases!!

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogart View Post
    Release date 25th April according to their website. Maybe a typo as July seems more likely.

Although I like these films, the price as well as the fact I don't expect the PQ to be that outstanding on these releases (similar to Battles boxset) ill likely stick with my DVDs.
    I have to admit, that price is a bit much (£79.99/$12X.95 for 4 films), even though it is in line with the price of the BATTLES box set (£99.99/$149.95 for 5 films.) Marc Walkow also produced this set, so the extras and booklet should be worthwhile (without a doubt, the BATTLES book is the best one I've seen in an Arrow release.) I just hope the high price keeps this in stock long enough for me to be able to afford it.

Leave a comment:

• enandalusiskhund
    An Andalusian Dog

• enandalusiskhund
    replied
    YES!! One of my favourite film series. Such a great announcement!

Leave a comment:

• Mark C.

• Mark C.
    replied
    Fan freaking fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Keeth

• Keeth
    replied
    I agree that the cover art needs to be reversed; I always prefer the original poster art. I would love for them to ditch the dvds, as well, especially if that lowers the prices.

For the F.P.S. films, I have dvd-r's that were 'released' by Cannibal King & last year, I found one of the Media Blasters dvd's for less than $2.00. I'm not sure what the sources for the CK releases were. I'm thinking maybe Japanese dvds or pre-record vhs? They were good for the time but I'm pretty excited to see hd transfers of them!

The film I'm hoping Arrow will eventually release is Violent Streets.

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    They do have a habit of making all these releases looking like Manga or a graphic novel. But It could be worse. I don't hate all the artworks they do, and at least its not a Rick Melton commission, like they used to. Nothing against that guy, but his art doesn't do much for me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• 47lab
    replied
    What atrocious cover art! No surprise as most of the "newly commissioned" artwork for Arrow's Japanese releases have been utter crap. :down:First thing I do is reverse the cover art right away just to remove that eyesore.

Leave a comment:

• Keeth

• Keeth
    replied
    I'll be buying that for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    Ordered.

Leave a comment:

• Bogart

• Bogart
    replied
    Release date 25th April according to their website. Maybe a typo as July seems more likely.

Although I like these films, the price as well as the fact I don't expect the PQ to be that outstanding on these releases (similar to Battles boxset) ill likely stick with my DVDs.
    Bogart
    Last edited by Bogart; 04-08-2016, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Arrow are killing it lately. Amazing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X