Mr. Vampire Coming To Blu-ray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Vampire Coming To Blu-ray!

It's a media book release limited to 777 copies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14582710299702468.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	367148

Genre: Action
    Directors: Ricky Lau
    Actors: Ching-Ying Lam, Siu-Ho Chin, Ricky Hui
    Aspect Ratio & Format: 1080P High Definition 1.85:1
    Language: Chinese / English
    Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    Subtitles: Korean / English
    Rating: 15
    Region Code: all
    Run Time: 97+20 mins
    Number of discs: 1

http://kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20994

$24 US isn't too crazy and it does have Eng. subtitles supposedly, but the Fortune Star logo on that URL could be a red flag.

- Original Trailer
    - New Edited Movie Trailer
    - Movie Photo Slideshow
    - Ricky Lau Interview

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	367149
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Gonna pick this up, myself. BTW probably not a mediabook, Nova medias blu-rays are in a plastic case but with a Shiny embossed cardboard slipcase. Have a couple from them already (Zu warriors from Magic mountain and the Dreamers). Some great stuff at Kimchidvd.
    Lalala76
    Last edited by Lalala76; 03-20-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hmm, love the film, but I'm not sure if I have the balls to preorder. A lot of Fortune Star stuff has been simple SD upscales on BD.

Comment

How do the BD's you have from this company look, Lalala76?

Comment

Well, Zu warriors is on the soft side I'm afraid. however, it was that long since I last saw this that I was just really pleased to have it on blu. Dreamers looked good, but now I come to think of it that may not be Nova Media. I think it was Sin City 2 that I picked up from them ( It had the Eva Green art and I couldnt resist)

Comment

Pre-order page up at YesAsia.

http://www.yesasia.com/mr-vampire-bl...0-en/info.html
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pre-ordered from Kimchidvd.

Comment

Special edition coming from Eureka in July.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/mr-v...mited-edition/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fuck yeah! The eureka disc will be mine as I never bothered to get the previous release.
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Thanks! Pre-ordered.

Comment

Extras for the Eureka release:

SPECIAL FEATURES
                      Limited Edition O-CARD with new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 units]
                      Limited edition collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film [2000 units]
                      1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
                      Original Cantonese audio (original mono presentation)
                      English dub track produced for the film's original European home video release
                      English dub track produced for the film's original American home video release
                      Newly translated English subtitles
                      Brand new and exclusive feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
                      Alternate end credits
                      Archival interview with Chin Siu-Hou [40 mins]
                      Archival interview with Moon Lee [15 mins]
                      Archival interview with Ricky Lau [12 mins]
                      Original Hong Kong Trailer
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is it possible that the Eureka disc is cut due to violence imposed on a rubber rat? Haven't watched this in forever and don't currently have access to my old DVD, but it seemed like there is a moment where the head bad guy is getting ready to eat or "wring out" a rat, then they chastely cut away.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                          Is it possible that the Eureka disc is cut due to violence imposed on a rubber rat?
                          I can't conclusively answer your question but it is curious that the BBFC doesn't list a new submission of the film for 2020. According to them, the film was last submitted and rated in 2002, 18 years ago, when UK censorship was quite a bit more strict than it is now:

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/mr-vampire-1985

They also claim it was passed without cuts but that is never 100% trustworthy since there's always a possibility that the UK distributor pre-cut the film before submission to save costs of resubmitting a film that was refused classification. Only way we can be sure is if someone can compare a HK release with the new BD.

Comment

Appreciate the response—pretty sure I'm just being alarmist.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                              Is it possible that the Eureka disc is cut due to violence imposed on a rubber rat? Haven't watched this in forever and don't currently have access to my old DVD, but it seemed like there is a moment where the head bad guy is getting ready to eat or "wring out" a rat, then they chastely cut away.
                              I can check my DVD if you'd like; just give me a time stamp of where the rat scene occurs.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X