Glory to the Filmmaker! The 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a badass.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Kitano's next film, Neck, may be his last as a director.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/k...234903745/amp/
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A poster over at the Criterion Forum says that the most recent issue of Cinema Retro mentions that Arrow is releasing a 6-film Kitano box.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          A poster over at the Criterion Forum says that the most recent issue of Cinema Retro mentions that Arrow is releasing a 6-film Kitano box.
          Unlikely to contain any of the BFI & Third Window released titles unless it's a US ONLY set like the Tsukimoto set was.

Comment

Yeah. I'm starting to think it was some confusion at Cinema Retro and they are referencing Arrow distributing Third Window's releases (they have released 6 Kitano films). But if it isn't, to the best of my knowledge, these Kitano films haven't been released in the UK:
            Outrage Coda
            Ryuzo and the Seven Henchmen
            Beyond Outrage
            Achilles and the Tortoise
            Glory to the Filmmaker!
            Takeshis'
            Brother

And these haven't been released in the US:
            Ryuzo and the Seven Henchmen
            Achilles and the Tortoise
            Glory to the Filmmaker!
            Takeshis'
            Dolls
            Brother (Sony)
            Kikujiro (Sony)
            Kids Return
            Getting Any?
            Sonatine (Miramax)
            A Scene at the Sea

Comment

So, between my daughter not liking the stress of not knowing if someone will like a gifts picked for them, and my wife making me pick my own gifts, I know I am getting the TKO Trilogy box set (Violent Cop, Boiling Point and Hana-Bi) from Japan as my gift from my kid and the Outrage Trilogy import from Hong Kong as my gift from my wife! All I need after that is Brother and Sonatine, which I may get for Christmas as well. I am very excited!

Comment

Working...
              X