Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Indonesian action classic THE WARRIOR is back in print!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Indonesian action classic THE WARRIOR is back in print!

If you didn't pick this up the first go-round, we've brought it back from the dead! For now exclusively on sale at the MM webstore: http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/the-warrior

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
    If you didn't pick this up the first go-round, we've brought it back from the dead! For now exclusively on sale at the MM webstore: http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/the-warrior
    I have the original disc, and it's well worth picking up in this format (DVD-R) if you can get it. Great action flick. Now, if MM could do the same with other stuff I don't have, and don't want to pay a fortune for, like THE QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC, that'd be great. MM is awesome to rerelease these flicks on DVD-R.

Comment

Originally posted by King-Wasp
      Even better is that it's actually a DVD. Only The Blood Rose, and Born of Fire is being offered on DVD-R.

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/category/dvd-r
      Haha! Apparently I didn't read close enough! Nonetheless, GREAT to see this is back in print! If you don't already own this, and you like MM films, you need to buy this. I sincerely hope they do this with a lot more of their back catalogue, as there's gaps in my MM collection that need to be filled. Thank goodness I got those BOLLYWOOD HORROR discs recently for a good price, because if they don't rerelease those, they're going to get even pricier.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
        Haha! Apparently I didn't read close enough! Nonetheless, GREAT to see this is back in print! If you don't already own this, and you like MM films, you need to buy this. I sincerely hope they do this with a lot more of their back catalogue, as there's gaps in my MM collection that need to be filled. Thank goodness I got those BOLLYWOOD HORROR discs recently for a good price, because if they don't rerelease those, they're going to get even pricier.
        I've tried to sell Pete on re-licensing the Bollywood horror stuff. It's not out of the question, but I don't think we have any current plans. We may do repressings of QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC if this one does well. We may do a few more DVD-Rs, but just of stuff that gone OOP but wasn't a great seller in the first place. SADIST WITH RED TEETH/FORBIDDEN PARIS is one we might do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
          I've tried to sell Pete on re-licensing the Bollywood horror stuff. It's not out of the question, but I don't think we have any current plans. We may do repressings of QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC if this one does well. We may do a few more DVD-Rs, but just of stuff that gone OOP but wasn't a great seller in the first place. SADIST WITH RED TEETH/FORBIDDEN PARIS is one we might do.
          MM has such great titles. I sincerely hope the dvd-r route works out, because I'd love to round out my collection with the titles I don't already own. QOBM is a title that I should have jumped on when it was first released, but didn't. I'm happy to hear a rerelease might be in the works. I would definitely buy that, and I'm sure many others would, too.

MM has brought to light many films that would not have gotten a release otherwise....some great international cinema there. I will forever be grateful for releases such as THE WARRIOR and the BOLLYWOOD HORROR series, as I wouldn't have gotten to see these without a fair bit of hunting for old tapes, and a ton of extra expense. The extras on these are also top notch.

Comment

If you like THE WARRIOR, pick up THE DEVIL'S SWORD as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
              If you like THE WARRIOR, pick up THE DEVIL'S SWORD as well.
              I already own it, thanks! I owned it years back when it was released on a budget DVD with crapoy picture quality. Pretty much anything with Barry Prima is ridiculously entertaining.

His "interview" for the MM disc, if you can call it that, is the stuff of legend. I love how he feigns forgetfulness, acts like he doesn't know when asked about things, and is basically the worst interview ever. Hilarious. I feel bad for the interviewer, though. Tough gig interviewing 'ol Barry, who looks like he's intent on getting back to his drink and answering questions in the most vague way possible. Good times!

Comment

I once watched The Devil's Sword with my old roommate's mother. She'd come by to visit him, he wasn't home, so we hung out and enjoyed some Mondo Macabro lunacy.

Good times. I will forever associate that movie with her.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                X